Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Severino Shut Down Due To Forearm Discomfort

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Are you starting to see why we think you are more aggressive when criticizing Sox pitcher's health concerns, when all along we've been telling you to do the same with Yankee starters?
    I criticize the Sox because they’ve got ZERO depth. The name of the game with pitching is depth. No team finishes with the same starting 5 except for the 05 White Sox.

From the sounds of it, they’re going to let him try and pitch through this. MRI and CTs negative. But if they know he’s got loose bodies and it’s currently hurting him and we have 5 weeks til the season starts, just fucking fix it

I’m still trying to fucking understand this logic. He had “loose bodies” ie broken off bits of cartilage or bone chips floating in his elbow. They thought they could settle down with rest. He had the whole fucking offseason to rest. He returns and the pain returns. How will rest and rehab help this when he’s already had four fucking months of rest. Fix it. I know he will miss some time and he wants a healthy year, but if he goes into July and can’t handle it, then he’s done for the season. We have depth and we have the lineup and pen to beat teams early. We need a healthy Sevy for October

( I won't say the "C word.")

other names i have posted under: none

Severino is headed back to NY for another series of tests. My hope is the “test” leads to them removing those loose bodies.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I’m still trying to fucking understand this logic. He had “loose bodies” ie broken off bits of cartilage or bone chips floating in his elbow. They thought they could settle down with rest. He had the whole fucking offseason to rest. He returns and the pain returns. How will rest and rehab help this when he’s already had four fucking months of rest. Fix it. I know he will miss some time and he wants a healthy year, but if he goes into July and can’t handle it, then he’s done for the season. We have depth and we have the lineup and pen to beat teams early. We need a healthy Sevy for October
    Entirely possible the loose bodies are more recent and he might not be fully truthful about his offseason activities. Hardly a first for a ballplayer...

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    If Severino was a Red Stocking:

"Retire now binch." - Jacko

Lol. Give me a time when I was wrong on these medical reports provided accurate info was released?

I told you guys last year when Nate had the same problem. A 4-6 week timetable initially floated was ridiculous. For a starter to be able to go to 80 pitches again, it’s a 10-12 week return. A reliever can come back in around 8 weeks as there is no need to build them up. I’d rather just get this over with now so we can see Sevy sometime in May

I criticize the Sox because they’ve got ZERO depth. The name of the game with pitching is depth. No team finishes with the same starting 5 except for the 05 White Sox.

From the sounds of it, they’re going to let him try and pitch through this. MRI and CTs negative. But if they know he’s got loose bodies and it’s currently hurting him and we have 5 weeks til the season starts, just fucking fix it
    You do more than criticize depth. You bashed every single one of our starters, except ERod for their injury history and chances of recovering, yet you seemed very optimistic about all your starters, despite their injury history, lack of IP'd the last few years or ver recent time on the IL.

Just saying...
    Sox 4 Ever

You do more than criticize depth. You bashed every single one of our starters, except ERod for their injury history and chances of recovering, yet you seemed very optimistic about all your starters, despite their injury history, lack of IP'd the last few years or ver recent time on the IL.

Just saying...
    To be fair, he's talked about ERod's injury history and lack of full season production many, many tmes.

The only guy with recurrent injury issues on the staff was Paxton. I’ve acknowledged that and he once again came through with an injury. Sevy was misdiagnosed last year but he finished the year without shoulder or lat issues. His previous history pointed towards a bounce back.

Prior to the big trade, the Sox had four guys in their rotation with recurrent injury issues and two who finished the year injured. That’s not the same at all.

The only guy with recurrent injury issues on the staff was Paxton. I’ve acknowledged that and he once again came through with an injury. Sevy was misdiagnosed last year but he finished the year without shoulder or lat issues. His previous history pointed towards a bounce back.
    Sevy is now pretty close to being officially "injury-plagued" at age 26.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I've never understood this reasoning for "rest." It's seems so obvious to get the procedure needed done ASAP.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    To be fair, he's talked about ERod's injury history and lack of full season production many, many tmes.
    True, but not this winter.
    Sox 4 Ever

I've never understood this reasoning for "rest." It's seems so obvious to get the procedure needed done ASAP.
    Some guys do get away with no operation. Tanaka, Price. Hopefully Sale.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.