Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Bye Yankees

Good Bye Yankees

The Yankees are out! They couldn't get it done against the same Astros team the Sox beat in 5 games last year. Just weren't good enough! As a sports legend Ricky Bobby said, "If you ain't first, you're LAST!"

Annnnnnd the yankeeeees choke .Couldn't see that gag coming .

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    If that’s true, the Red Sox finished 19 games out of last.

The Yankees had a remarkable season.
    They didn't win the World Series. Their drought continues. Losers!

Deity
    Yankees had a good season. They likely could be the favorites next year in the division. Idk the Yankees payroll situation or luxury tax but they will try once again to improve the team. We better have a competent team to match them. They absolutely owned us this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Yankees had a good season. They likely could be the favorites next year in the division. Idk the Yankees payroll situation or luxury tax but they will try once again to improve the team. We better have a competent team to match them. They absolutely owned us this past season.
    All of that is true but teams don't play to get 2nd, 3rd or 4th. They didn't win it all. Only one winner at the end of the year. Everyone else is a loser.

Love the fact that it was Chapman who gave it up. Dirtbag. Only too bad that Osuna (dirtbag) got the win.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    All of that is true but teams don't play to get 2nd, 3rd or 4th. They didn't win it all. Only one winner at the end of the year. Everyone else is a loser.
    Yes they didn’t accomplished their goal just like the dodgers. I’m happy but i hope this is not the start of a winning tradition where the yankees will win the division the next 7 years straight. They have done a good job building a farm system and getting players through their season something i wish our farm system was like.

Since Dave Roberts' steal in 2004, Red Sox post season record, 48-28, 4 World Series titles. Yankees record, 39-44, 1 WS title.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Yes they didn’t accomplished their goal just like the dodgers. I’m happy but i hope this is not the start of a winning tradition where the yankees will win the division the next 7 years straight. They have done a good job building a farm system and getting players through their season something i wish our farm system was like.
    They have no starting pitching! Neither do the Sox, I know. Doesn't matter how many AL East titles they win if they can't win the big one. We all know the Sox stunk in 2019, but they won it all in 2018 (in addition to 2013, 2007 and 2004). They are doing it more often than the Yankees. The Sox will be contenders every year and if they can get a decent GM they can turn it around quickly.

The Yankees got another year closer to paying judge huuuge money .

My guess is Cashman goes to the bank this winter. 2020 is probably the Yankees peak year in their window. They should go for broke.

(Hopefully, they go broke and make some of the mistakes we made.)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

For all the dead money the Sox had this year, the Yankees paid Stanton a lot of money for nothing.

An entire decade without a world series game, but Brian Cashman is great. He really, really is.

Ellsbury as well! Mike Stanton not the only dead money yanks eat.

YED is one of my favorite days of the year!