Register now to remove this ad

Page 186 of 200 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 2989

Thread: The Pen

Legend
    Here's a stat that supports you DC.
    Last 25 games Sox have scored 174 runs, 6.96 runs a game
    They have allowed 149 runs in that span, 5.96 runs a game.
    16-9 record.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-16-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Last year if they averaged 7 runs a game over a 25-game span, the team probably would have gone 22-3

Brasier optioned to Pawtucket . D. Hernandez up . Dombrowski is getting serious .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Brasier optioned to Pawtucket . D. Hernandez up . Dombrowski is getting serious .
    Fuck Cora abused Brasier, talk about knee-jerk reactions

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    Fuck Cora abused Brasier, talk about knee-jerk reactions
    Nah, he's just being shuttled after pitching 3 days in a row. He'll be back shortly when the next guy gets shuttled. Nothing else they can do right now.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Nah, he's just being shuttled after pitching 3 days in a row. He'll be back shortly when the next guy gets shuttled. Nothing else they can do right now.
    I agree. He is probably worn down and a period down may help him get ready to help in August.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I have no problems with the way Dombrowski did things during the offseason. It looks really bad now, but I'd support the same types of moves all over again.
    I have to disagree . An experienced G.M. thinking he could lose Kimbrel and Kelly from his bullpen without it making a difference is foolish. He needed to do something. To me it seems like he was complacent and overconfident. Flush with success and maybe a little smug .

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this but if Rock the Cashner doesn't get 18 outs, I almost half-expect the fans to boo him if he gets shelled early.
    And I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Rock the Cashner is an awesome nickname..,

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I agree. He is probably worn down and a period down may help him get ready to help in August.
    I don't think it's about him being worn down. They're basically shuttling relievers who have options back and forth between Boston and Pawtucket right now to have as many fresh arms as possible.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Rock the Cashner is an awesome nickname..,
    The only band that mattered. :-)

146 transactions or reported moves by Red Sox since April 3. The Clown Car has officially run out of gas.

Moonslav,

We all appreciate all the research you do, however, none of it matters. The pen has been brutal, by any measure.

The SP is partly to blame, but they have been awful.........almost all year.

Legend
    By the way, our RPs have pitched only 14 more innings than the Yankees-and 73 fewer innings than the Rays. We rank fifth in RP innings pitched. Its not a case of being overworked so much as a case of just stinking.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    By the way, our RPs have pitched only 14 more innings than the Yankees-and 73 fewer innings than the Rays. We rank fifth in RP innings pitched. Its not a case of being overworked so much as a case of just stinking.
    It’s a combination of the two.

Not all innings are created equal. Because our RPs haven’t been very good, I expect they have averaged more pitches per IP than the pens in Tampa and NY...

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    The Yanks and Rays have used openers with bulk starters afterwards. The Sox haven’t done that yet, using traditional starters. So their pen numbers are true. The Rays and ours, not so much