Register now to remove this ad

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Game Thread

The rocket ball and the right field porch are an exciting combination LOL
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The rocket ball and the right field porch are an exciting combination LOL
    Exciting is not the word I would use to describe this. LOL

Sucks to lose. Especially solely due to the bat of a scrub that not even the Mets wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Sucks to lose. Especially solely due to the bat of a scrub that not even the Mets wanted.
    I feel with how good Tampa's pitching is that is what it comes down to with these 2 teams.... An error, or an off night from the offense. Both these teams are very good. Yankees are 9-5 against the Rays this year however but Tampa with a 3rd win a row over the Yanks is starting to make this years rivalry pretty epic. Hopefully Boston can get in on the mix against the Yanks. It has been pretty ugly for us so far lol.

Even more especially when it's the second time in 10 days that scrub beat you.

Closing ain't easy .

Yeah shit happens. Chapman was a little off but he made enough good pitches. Just had some bad luck hits - slap single the other way against the shift, jam shot that was lofted over second for another single, and lazy fly ball that carried over the short porch. I think his mistake was continuously pitching d'Arnaud away when everyone knows that he's trying to hit the ball oppo. Oh well. With that post I've officially moved on from this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Closing ain't easy .
    Very little in major league baseball is easy, when you think about it.

We handed a 2 run lead to one of the best closers in baseball and he blew it. It happens. What I’m questioning is the placement of the pitches to that little shit. He’s hit 4 homers in his last three games against us, all on pitches away, all hit to RF. He hasn’t proven he can pull anything. Why are we hen going away with balls he can drive 320 feet. None of his homers were well hit last night. All of them were ours in most every other ballpark. Tip the cap to him for having a good approach and playing to the park, but detriment to the Yanks for not learning your lesson. Sabathia shouldn’t leave anything away to this little prick. Everything in and force him to drive the ball to the big part of the park.

I loved the fight. They drove out the reigning CY winner in 5 when they couldn’t hit him. They battled back with 2 homers and took the lead and kept them at bay for 26 outs. That final one was the killer. It happens, chalk it up and move on

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    We handed a 2 run lead to one of the best closers in baseball and he blew it. It happens. What I’m questioning is the placement of the pitches to that little shit. He’s hit 4 homers in his last three games against us, all on pitches away, all hit to RF. He hasn’t proven he can pull anything. Why are we hen going away with balls he can drive 320 feet. None of his homers were well hit last night. All of them were ours in most every other ballpark. Tip the cap to him for having a good approach and playing to the park, but detriment to the Yanks for not learning your lesson. Sabathia shouldn’t leave anything away to this little prick. Everything in and force him to drive the ball to the big part of the park.

I loved the fight. They drove out the reigning CY winner in 5 when they couldn’t hit him. They battled back with 2 homers and took the lead and kept them at bay for 26 outs. That final one was the killer. It happens, chalk it up and move on
    Honest question, who do you want to face the least in the playoffs? And I know all that babbling bullshit "To be the best you have to beat the best, so you will face whoever." But honestly..... who scares you the most?

I remember I was terrified to play Houston last year.

the most scary team is still Houston, Tampa is trouble but I feel confident we can beat them

I can't take seriously any team that has Travis d'Arnaud leading off.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Houston is the team that scares me, but not if we have home field. They scared me more last year because they had Verlander, Morton and McCullers. The fact that only one is left is reassuring. We don’t hit Morton or McCullers. We historically didn’t hit Keuchel either until we became this right handed hitting machine.

The Twins don’t scare me at all. They’re in a shit division and while their pitchers stats are impressive, they’re not a pitching club and we can hit with anyone.

None of the WC candidates are scary. I know TB had taken three in a row from us before we shit on their night yesterday, but context is important. We had taken the first two of the four game set in TB. The next game, CC has a lead in the 7th and Boone decides to rest his big 4 in the pen and see if CC can go 7, which he never does. Surprise surprise, CC gives up the lead in the 7th and we end up losing in a walkoff. The final game before the break, Boone decided to rest his 3 offensive all stars and surprising to no one, we score only 1 run and lose 2-1. Then the short porch garbage from two nights ago with D’Arnaud hitting three homers that are all outs in TB. So be it.

Yeah Houston. Aside from the Dodgers they're probably the most complete team in baseball.

The dodgers are good, but their strength is a weakness vs us. When all the parts are there, we crush lefties and their top two are left handed.