Register now to remove this ad

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Yankees Game Thread

You would think that the Yanks clobber LHPs with so with so many right handed sluggers on the team, but this season their splits are:

vs RHP: .272/.347/.481
    vs LHP: .242/.317.411

Not sure what the explanation is for this since we're already past the point of it being a SSS. Having Stanton would certainly aid the stat line vs LHP but it's still a pretty dramatic difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Houston is the team that scares me, but not if we have home field. They scared me more last year because they had Verlander, Morton and McCullers. The fact that only one is left is reassuring. We don’t hit Morton or McCullers. We historically didn’t hit Keuchel either until we became this right handed hitting machine.

The Twins don’t scare me at all. They’re in a shit division and while their pitchers stats are impressive, they’re not a pitching club and we can hit with anyone.

None of the WC candidates are scary. I know TB had taken three in a row from us before we shit on their night yesterday, but context is important. We had taken the first two of the four game set in TB. The next game, CC has a lead in the 7th and Boone decides to rest his big 4 in the pen and see if CC can go 7, which he never does. Surprise surprise, CC gives up the lead in the 7th and we end up losing in a walkoff. The final game before the break, Boone decided to rest his 3 offensive all stars and surprising to no one, we score only 1 run and lose 2-1. Then the short porch garbage from two nights ago with D’Arnaud hitting three homers that are all outs in TB. So be it.
    I don't see the Twins as a threat to anyone . Leading the weakest division in MLB. And , it would not surprise me if Cleveland passed them . In your heart , you are still worried about the Sox .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don't see the Twins as a threat to anyone . Leading the weakest division in MLB. And , it would not surprise me if Cleveland passed them . In your heart , you are still worried about the Sox .
    Maybe if they improve. They're not scaring anyone with their play right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    The Sox absolutely do not scare me this season. They’re a mess on the mound both in the rotation and the pen and the offense isn’t as scary as it used to be. If the Sox find their 2018 magic at some point, fine, but I would rather face the Sox in the ALDS then most any other wild card team

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Sox absolutely do not scare me this season. They’re a mess on the mound both in the rotation and the pen and the offense isn’t as scary as it used to be. If the Sox find their 2018 magic at some point, fine, but I would rather face the Sox in the ALDS then most any other wild card team
    Be careful what you wish for.

I really can't take a team seriously that bats Travis d'Arnaud lead off.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm waiting for them to choke, but as long as they keep pitching that won't happen
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

German has become an ace. There’s no way around that. Dominant again, 12 wins. Great K rate and walk rate. He had a little blip before he went on the DL where he was getting shelled, but when healthy this year he’s been nails. Green-Cortes-Cessa handled the Rays in game 2. The Rays are now 10 games back in the L column and only one ahead of the Sox. Neither are in the drivers seat for a WC. Really fun year this year

Starting to think Tampa really doesn't want to see the Yankees in the playoffs lol.

I think Tanaka has been our ace this season. He's been durable, consistent (aside from the London game), and has pitched brilliantly in our biggest matchups. German has the stuff of an ace but we'll see how his arm holds up in the second half. He's already approaching his most innings in a season so I think his starts may be scaled down a bit, or he even may be sent to the pen and paired with an opener. Like Loaisaga, his biggest knock has always been his durability.

If Tampa didn't have the best pitching they would be a train wreck. Their pitching has saved them all year but it will catch up to them come playoffs. Yes you need good pitching to win a Championship but unless the bats pick up for Tampa they will be swept in the playoffs.

Another day, another win. The offense is cranking. Happ was elusive, albeit not great. The pen threw 4 shutout innings. Now up 11 in the L column to the Rays and 13 to the Sox.

We win again. Tanaka cruises to the 6th and then let’s the Rocks back in. The pen and the O closes the door

Two losses in a row. Paxton got scorched and CC got tanked. Sucks to score 10 runs in 2 games and lose them both.

Shoulda had more runs yesterday. A triple play and two double plays in critical moments killed a lot of the offensive momentum. 18 runners on base, we were threatening almost every inning. Just couldn't get that big inning.