Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/25 Last vs First

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    At least I now understand why this ESPN baseball announcer sucks so bad. Phil Rizzuto was his role model as a play-by-play guy.
    The only one in the booth who is at all tolerable is Perez, who at least realizes there are other players on the field. This has been over the top even for ESPN.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Deity
    Can the SOX avoid the sweep? Stay tuned.

If you don't have anything good to say, this is the perfect place.
    I disagree with your second line, but also think it's brilliant. Reminds me of--"if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me"--by Alice Roosevelt Longworth.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-25-2022 at 08:48 PM.

Is there any reason to resume play if/when it stops raining ? The game is pretty much meaningless and both teams have to travel tonight. We don't need to see Judge get another at bat. Just call it.
    Old school is good school.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I disagree with your second line, but also think it's brilliant. Reminds me of--"if you can't say anything good about someone, site right here by me"--by Alice Roosevelt Longsworth.
    Sounds more like an Oscar Wilde quote. Hey, Max, here's a quote you don't see too often: "Wait till next year."
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-25-2022 at 08:31 PM.

At least I now understand why this ESPN baseball announcer sucks so bad. Phil Rizzuto was his role model as a play-by-play guy.
    Rizzuto was one sided, but he was doing home team broadcasts; I’ll liken him to Johnny Most in that regard.

This is a National Game. Ravetch hasn’t pretended to be objective in any Red Sox-Usnkee game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Is there any reason to resume play if/when it stops raining ? The game is pretty much meaningless and both teams have to travel tonight. We don't need to see Judge get another at bat. Just call it.
    The Judge cult at the game would go crazy and start an insurrection.

Rizzuto was one sided, but he was doing home team broadcasts; I’ll liken him to Johnny Most in that regard.

This is a National Game. Ravetch hasn’t pretended to be objective in any Red Sox-Yankee game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    ESPN will never allow it.

Bello looked good tonight. He's definitely the best starting pitcher to come thru the SOX farm in ages.
    He sure looks good. I think Mata might challenge him, soon.
    Sox 4 Ever

The Judge cult at the game would go crazy and start an insurrection.
    Now that I think about it, that would be interesting to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We can only hope.

Bello looked good tonight. He's definitely the best starting pitcher to come thru the SOX farm in ages.
    I agree. I think he starts next season in the rotation with Sale, and hopefully Wacha.

Deity
    Sounds more like an Oscar Wilde quote. Hey, Max, here's a quote you don't see too often: "Wait till next year."
    Meh. Almost every thread is about next year, firing Bloom, firing Cora, firing both, who to keep next year, who to go after, etc.

I'm probably the most ignorant deal-proposer on talksox, but I do have thoughts about the guys on the current team and think there is decent talent, even among the pitchers. And the guy on the mound tonight is one of them.

Speaking of Oscar Wilde, here's one of his well-known quotes: "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Bello has the stuff to be a good one. He does look like he could use a little more maturity. It looked like he was showing up Refsnyder after that error. It was a costly error, but those things happen.
    Old school is good school.