Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2020 offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    No, but we all know it’s not “Cashman’s track record” that turns players like these around, is it now?
    You mean: we all know Manfred has all the facts in a secret report he won't release... but who really wants to disrupt our time of healing with the truth?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    You mean: we all know Manfred has all the facts in a secret report he won't release... but who really wants to disrupt our time of healing with the truth?
    LOL. As one who is not much for conspiracy, I simply believe Manfred is simply stupid. Occam’s Razor and all..

LOL. As one who is not much for conspiracy, I simply believe Manfred is simply stupid. Occam’s Razor and all..
    No conspiracy theory here. 5GG speaks the truth.

I would like to personally thank the Yankees for trading for Stanton a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would like to personally thank the Yankees for trading for Stanton a few years ago.
    His production hasnt been an issue. His health has been. We shall see if he can stay healthy with a full spring training and a "hopefully" fully vetted and prepared for start date. A lot of these guys got hurt due to the rapid progression of their ramp ups. But yes, he looks like a poor investment
    Hal sucks

Rumors starting to project a Japan return for Tanaka
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Rumors starting to project a Japan return for Tanaka
    Unlike they have in past years, the Yankees apparently are not going to outbid themselves for any free agent. Nor should they, although I wish they would. I don't know whether the Yankees have given Tanaka an offer, but IMO, Tanaka deserves the respect of knowing what the Yankees have in mind, and he deserves the respect of not being low balled.

I think the Yanks have already told him to move on. There was a report early in the offseason that said the yanks already told him they were moving on. That could be BS in the end. My bet is the Yanks make a trade or sign a rebounding veteran. Not that I don’t think they need another good starter, but that’s what I think they’re gonna do at this juncture. Cashman might finally be getting the autonomy to do his own negotiations. We shall see how he does

Reports are the Yanks are close to bringing back DJL.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Run it back Yanks. Rumor has it the Yanks may be offering a 6 year deal here at the same money they were going to offer for a 5 year deal. DJ likely knows that he isnt gonna make anything as a 38 year old, but this allows the Yanks to drop the AAV.
    Hal sucks

@JeffPassan
    Second baseman DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees are finalizing a six-year, $90M contract, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.

LeMahieu’s return to New York always felt inevitable. It took a while. But he wanted to be there and Yankees get top free agent target.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @JeffPassan
    Second baseman DJ LeMahieu and the New York Yankees are finalizing a six-year, $90M contract, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.

LeMahieu’s return to New York always felt inevitable. It took a while. But he wanted to be there and Yankees get top free agent target.
    DJ thought he would get a $125 mil for 5. $90 mil for 6 is a steal, especially since it pushes the AAV down to $15 mil
    Hal sucks

$15 mill AAV is pretty sweet.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    DJ thought he would get a $125 mil for 5. $90 mil for 6 is a steal, especially since it pushes the AAV down to $15 mil
    Well, how good will he still be at age 38?

Well, how good will he still be at age 38?
    That’s a sunk cost. When he’s 38, we will likely be in a rebuild window. I thought, for sure, he’d be $20-$25 mil AAV. The fact that he’s at $15 mil AAV allows for other additions