Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sale to IL with elbow injury

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    It is good news. If I were the Sox, I’d have them treat it like a partial UCL year, inject some PRP in there and shut him down from throwing until February
    Called it

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Another perspective:

"Stepping back" this season, the Seattle Mariners are a historically struggling franchise on pace for its worst record since 2011.

Yet the current Red Sox record (67-59) is closer to the Mariner record (52-73) than to the current Yankee record (83-43).
    And another perspective:

The Yankees are having a fine season.

But based on my observations, a high percentage of Yankee fans will consider the season a failure if it doesn't end in a championship.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And another perspective:

But based on my observations, a high percentage of Yankee fans will consider the season a failure if it doesn't end in a championship.
    I guess you are right, another year without a championship will be a failure; at the same time the type of season they had so far, with so many injuries it's something that no matter what the outcome is, it will be remembered for many years

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Carpin View Post
    it's been sometime now that elbow problems don't necessarily means TJS, see Tanaka, last couple years we all thought his elbow was a ticking bomb, now is more like a distant memory
    But you have to bear in mind that every time I watch him pitch now, he gives up 6 runs and doesn’t get out of the second inning...

Tanaka didn’t return the same pitcher, though. He came back with far less velocity and essentially went from a power pitcher with a deep breaking ball arsenal to a junk baller. He’s not what the Sox hope for in terms of returning performance

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    How do you guys get updates so fast lol. I just got the update now.
    TD it's not bad news at all .TJ would have been a year to year and half atleast .This is freaking good news .

Tanaka didn’t return the same pitcher, though. He came back with far less velocity and essentially went from a power pitcher with a deep breaking ball arsenal to a junk baller. He’s not what the Sox hope for in terms of returning performance
    Jackson please stop the Debbie freaking Downer shit ! This s good news today and you know it .

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And another perspective:

Every Yankee fan I know agrees with you .

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Another perspective:

"Stepping back" this season, the Seattle Mariners are a historically struggling franchise on pace for its worst record since 2011.

Yet the current Red Sox record (67-59) is closer to the Mariner record (52-73) than to the current Yankee record (83-43).
    By the way harm, your Seattle Mariners are my favorite team tonight!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Different players, different situation most likely. We haven't been given the actual diagnosis, nor are we likely to get it. As you know, inflammation is just a symptom, not a diagnosis. Without a diagnosis its impossible to postulate what Sale will look like in the future.

Legend
    They just announced the he will be out for 6+ weeks, he can come back completely healthy next year
    No one said he would come back completely healthy next year to the best of my knowledge. I read that he would be re-evaluated in six weeks.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    No one said he would come back completely healthy next year to the best of my knowledge. I read that he would be re-evaluated in six weeks.
    Yes, he has "dodged" TJ for now. Worse case scenario is that he delays TJ and is therefore out longer.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    Yes, he has "dodged" TJ for now. Worse case scenario is that he delays TJ and is therefore out longer.
    If he needs surgery based on the evaluation in October he misses next year, same as if he needed surgery after today's evaluation. He still might needs surgery, but delaying it until October won't result in him missing more time than if he had it next week.

Called it
    +1

But, I called for him and Price being shut down before they went on the IL.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    it's been sometime now that elbow problems don't necessarily means TJS, see Tanaka, last couple years we all thought his elbow was a ticking bomb, now is more like a distant memory
    Tanaka is not trying to throw 97. Said it weeks ago. First Sale must dissuade himself of the notion that he can throw again as he did earlier in his career. Sale should have known where this was going. If he has learned it with limited damage to the elbow that is fine. If he insists on pressing the issue he will only come to grief. He is about 175 lbs, He generates no momentum toward the plate from his lower body. In fact he generates less lower body momentum in his motion than Price does with his recoil follow-through. Sale with no follow-through to speak of is trying to throw as hard as guys that outweigh him by 40 lbs. That effort was always going to have a shorter shelf life.

Tanaka really did not have to go through the kind of transformation that faces Sale. Tanaks pretty much knew where he was and did not really press the issue. Sale has already tried to press the issue once.

Hate to think it but this could start looking like Tim Lincecum II. Not sure there really is the same path forward for Sale that Tanaka took.
    Last edited by jung; 08-19-2019 at 08:08 PM.