Register now to remove this ad

Page 52 of 644 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: COVID - Anything goes

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Until it's your child...
    You're incorrect about what he said.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Careful, Fred, about citing China as an example; you should know better by now.
    China is a pretty bad example.

Until it's your child...
    That is specious reasoning. Children went to school throughout much more dangerous diseases that were fatal to children, e.g. polio, diphtheria, and many others. This disease in not a threat to children.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 05-25-2020 at 11:27 AM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

BTW, what is the plan by Italy, Spain, UK, France et.al. for a second wave?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Please state your Credentials so we can assign appropriate weight to your opinions.
    I reached a thousand posts so I'm just a mere All-Star, nowhere near the heft of an MVP or Diety. It'll be years before I'm as full of crap as a King.

I reached a thousand posts so I'm just a mere All-Star, nowhere near the heft of an MVP or Diety. It'll be years before I'm as full of crap as a King.
    You can dream.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    You're incorrect about what he said.
    How so?

Legend
    Careful, Fred, about citing China as an example; you should know better by now. There were many other countries with national lockdowns. Some that have reopened will shut back down for safety.

I had a long visit with a doctor who works in a hospital yesterday. He has seen people of all ages, conditions and ethnicities get the virus. He spoke of one guy in his 30s in perfect health who spiralled and was gone in two weeks. He expects more quarantines in the fall and winter because there is still so much they don't know about Covid-19... and he's not a member of the media or affiliated with a political party.
    Just stating my opinion of what SHOULD have been done in Feb and March. When Jacko started the original Covid thread in late Feb I was saying the same thing: close all borders except for returning citizens, everyone stays in their home unless its an emergency or if you are an essential worker for three weeks-and we would have long been over this. Trump clearly dropped the ball and continues to so so. That said, I am very optimistic that we will have a functional vaccine this fall for those at the highest risk and for general use in early 2021. The vaccine may not totally eliminate the infection from individuals-we might still get sick from the virus, but hopefully the moderate to severe cases will greatly diminish. That works for me until we have an even better vaccine.

Legend
    That is specious reasoning. Children went to school throughout much more dangerous diseases that were fatal to children, e.g. polio, diphtheria, and many others. This disease in not a threat to children.
    That is factually incorrect. Children too are dying from this, though not at as great a rate.

How so?
    It was a 2-3% increase in the rate of total population deaths, not student deaths.

How so?
    Dr. Oz was referencing the overall death rate, not the death rate in children which is 0.

Legend
    Dr. Oz was referencing the overall death rate, not the death rate in children which is 0.
    Factually incorrect, but don't let that stop you: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...lness/2411571/

Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Just stating my opinion of what SHOULD have been done in Feb and March. When Jacko started the original Covid thread in late Feb I was saying the same thing: close all borders except for returning citizens, everyone stays in their home unless its an emergency or if you are an essential worker for three weeks-and we would have long been over this. Trump clearly dropped the ball and continues to so so. That said, I am very optimistic that we will have a functional vaccine this fall for those at the highest risk and for general use in early 2021. The vaccine may not totally eliminate the infection from individuals-we might still get sick from the virus, but hopefully the moderate to severe cases will greatly diminish. That works for me until we have an even better vaccine.
    There is no way that an enforced lockdown when there were less than 100 cases and only one confirmed death nationwide would have been politically feasible in February. As it was opposition had a hissy fit when he did what he did in late January and early Feb. Despite what Trump says the President does not have the authority under the Public Health Act to close the country and put everyone on shutdown. He can limit interstate travel. The authority to quarantine within a state is solely a governors prerogative under my reading of the Act.

Quite frankly I happen to agree with both Gov Newsom and Cuomo who have said the federal response has been outstanding. The hypercriticism of the federal response is just TDS and nothing more.

So now we should compare victims in a pandemic to the military, which is largely if not completely volunteers who know exactly what they are signing up for?
    Ask the civilians in London during WW2. This war has no distinction between in uniform and those not. Get a grip1

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    China is a pretty bad example.
    S Korea or Taiwan then.