Register now to remove this ad

Page 432 of 471 FirstFirst ... 332382422430431432433434442 ... LastLast
Results 6,466 to 6,480 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Deity
    M. Morris adds another good dimension for the C's. it's for real.

9 and 2 baby.

I thought turning over 11 of the 14 on the roster would take some time to sort out.

So far I have been wrong.

This team has good young talent to go along with a few pretty good vets.

And it has depth.

Still, it's only 1/8 of the way through the season.

Barring further significant injuries this team looks to be pretty tough by playoff time.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    9 and 2 baby.

I thought turning over 11 of the 14 on the roster would take some time to sort out.

So far I have been wrong.

This team has good young talent to go along with a few pretty good vets.

And it has depth.

Still, it's only 1/8 of the way through the season.

Barring further significant injuries this team looks to be pretty tough by playoff time.
    I've watched all or parts of every game which is pretty rare for me. It's a team that has the potential to get better. I think that in terms of talent, it really is a better team from top to bottom than any they have had for a while. They stay involved defensively for 48 minutes - pretty rare in the NBA. I don't think that they lay over the field by any means but they ain't bad. It will be interesting to see where Okafor winds up.

Tatum is some good shit. Hail Danny Ainge!

Kyrie was smooth AF in last night.

Can I give this guy a shoutout? https://www.basketball-reference.com...theisda01.html
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The only bad part about this season is seeing the Isaiah Thomas signs at Honey Dew and seeing Isaiah Thomas on Law and Order talking about the Cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post

Can I give this guy a shoutout? https://www.basketball-reference.com...theisda01.html
    Theis has been a very pleasant surprise. He was hailed as slashing big guy who could finish at the rim but who had demonstrated no other proficiency such as defense, passing, rebounding, and shooting. Kind of the soft Euro player archetype.

With the Celts he has shown that he is a much better player than scout said he was.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Fuck IT.

Deity

You certainly can. He knows how to play. After seeing him against San Antonio, I thought that he might wind up getting pushed around a little bit. Not so! He gets great inside position and he goes after the boards.

Deity
    Fuck IT.

I agree - IT was a good story. He did a lot for us. We now have a legit super star playing the point for us and he is just 25.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I agree - IT was a good story. He did a lot for us. We now have a legit super star playing the point for us and he is just 25.
    There is little comparison.

Deity
    I really agree with you here. It has been a long long time since we have seen a point guard like this guy in Boston.

Kyrie Irving is so much better than IT. However, I can still miss IT as he was hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Deity
    Kyrie Irving is so much better than IT. However, I can still miss IT as he was hell of a lot of fun to watch.
    You won't miss him too much longer! It is likely that that he is back in action sooner than expected.

IT was fun to watch but as with all small guys he was a defensive liability.

Other than filling it up he served little purpose while on the court.

Take a 6' or 6'2" guy and he is NBA small.

A guy like Nate Archibald was dynamic in many ways, not just one dimensional like IT.

There have been a bunch of small guys in the ABA and NBA from Calvin Murphey, Mack Calvin, all the way "up" to Mugsy Boges.

None of them were really worth much more than their novelty.

Al Horford has a concussion and won't start play tonight against the world beating Lakers.

I wonder if Ball will catch shit from the Boston crowd particularly now that his little brother is in jail in China? I hope so. The guy sucks.

Deity
    Average Al is out (what a fucking joke that little attempt at a nickname was). Defensively ( which honestly still is what it's all about) IT ranked almost dead last in the NBA. Teams just took advantage of him. Other than Cousy, I really can't think of another point guard to compare Kyrie to. Scores, assists, defends, leads! Works for me.