Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 5/15 SOX @ Rangers 2:35PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    No point in watching the ball go by without taking a nice whack at it.
    There are some batters on the SOX, and I won't name names. who might be better off not swinging.

SOX win their 2nd series of the season, so there's that.

Red Sox don't have the worst AL won-lost record, thanks to Detroit and KC, but only the Cincinnati Reds (9-25) are further behind their respective division leaders .

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    SOX win their 2nd series of the season, so there's that.
    I'll buy them a broom if they ever sweep. Astros coming in tomorrow will make for a challenging series.

I guess Cora was saving Whitlock for the much tougher Astros tomorrow. Seeing as how the SOX offense only scored one run today, the SOX probably would have lost even if Whitlock had pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Red Sox don't have the worst AL won-lost record, thanks to Detroit and KC, but only the Cincinnati Reds (9-25) are further behind their respective division leaders .
    Ha . And today, the Reds pitchers throw a no-hitter. And they still lose.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    I guess Cora was saving Whitlock for the much tougher Astros tomorrow. Seeing as how the SOX offense only scored one run today, the SOX probably would have lost even if Whitlock had pitched.
    Bad excuse. All games count in the loss, and win columns, and the Sox had just won two in a row, so not starting Whitlock was not a way to keep things going.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Ha . And today, the Reds pitchers throw a no-hitter. And they still lose.
    Amazing. 6 walks in the game, but 3 in one inning- followed by a FC.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Exactly. I'm still mad at Brasier, but scoring just 1 run took the bullpen out of play. The game was not winnable.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 05-15-2022 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Exactly. I'm still mad at Brasier, but scoring just 1 run took the bullpen out of the play. The game was not winnable.
    It doesn’t play like that at least not in baseball. Brasier gave up the momentum. Every situation has different results moving forward in baseball. A 1-1 game is a completely different game after a 1-5 one moving forward in every aspect.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    It doesn’t play like that at least not in baseball. Brasier gave up the momentum. Every situation has different results moving forward in baseball. A 1-1 game is a completely different game after a 1-5 one moving forward in every aspect.
    Exactly right. When the score was 1 - 1 , the game was still winnable. The bullpen's failure pretty much killed it.
    Old school is good school.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    A good point. However, this specific Sox team tends to remain in whatever offensive hole they dig for themselves.

I don't believe that. You're a MLB player. You know your salary and playing time depend on how well you do. Are you saying that in a 1-1 game you give it your all? But in a 1-3 or 1-5 game, you go to the plate and just wave away? Of course there's more pressure in a close game. But do you play better because the game is close? That's not my experience in any sport Ive played. (Well, maybe golf in match play where you're in the rough and the guy you're playing with just reached the green in 2 on a par 5--but even then ... ).
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Exactly right. When the score was 1 - 1 , the game was still winnable. The bullpen's failure pretty much killed it.
    Why did Houck not start the game, and why did he only throw 37 pitchers in 3 innings when he did?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Why did Houck not start the game, and why did he only throw 37 pitchers in 3 innings when he did?
    Houck’s track record as a starter isn’t so great I want him in the rotation. He really does belong in the bullpen.

Now why they use him to piggyback starters who have a short leash is a mystery to me. Just throw him in the back end and make him a closer/high leverage guy and leave him there.

And DFA Brasier. He is in the bottom 2% in exit velocity against, hard hit%, and average batted ball distance. He’s fooling nobody…