16 69.57%
  • No

7 30.43%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Do We Consider A Restart?

Well half the league has voted yes

15 to 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I don't see how this would work. There is no possible way that we can get 30 teams online at the same time. If we did the computer auto drafts the others, those teams would complain because they wouldn't be happy with their choices. It would also be harder to tell who is on whose team. Because then you would have to go to the players list, if you dont remember what team theyre on. While if they are on their original team, they will be there or you will most likely remember the trade to where they were sent.

I think we shouldn't have a draft. Just a lottery and have people get a team. And stay like that.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by stocker323@Nov 15 2004, 07:29 PM
    I don't see how this would work. There is no possible way that we can get 30 teams online at the same time. If we did the computer auto drafts the others, those teams would complain because they wouldn't be happy with their choices. It would also be harder to tell who is on whose team. Because then you would have to go to the players list, if you dont remember what team theyre on. While if they are on their original team, they will be there or you will most likely remember the trade to where they were sent.
    Wouldn't be too difficult. The player pool would be posted and as each player is picked they'd be crossed off.
    I have a penis.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by ACL BoSox@Nov 15 2004, 07:29 PM
    I might have a sub .500 record, but I spent hours upon hours trying to build my team.

Here's the problem, nobody wants to lose out on a deal. However, every once in a while you have to sacrifice a good player for reasons such as payroll or prospects. However, when you get players (such as Texas did) for like a can of coke, it creates an imbalance in the league.

Look I have a very good team, and put in lots of hours, but not having any competition isn't fun either. I really don't see my time spent as wasted, its more for me like a learning experience.

Of course if your on top, your gonna want things to remain, and of course if your on the bottom you will want things to change. I'm just interested in hearing from the borderline teams (such as myself) to see what their feelings are. Cause honestly, I can safely say if the league stays as it is I'm out.
    dude your team wasnt good, you are what we are saying as part of the no competition part, the only reason i said your team was pretty good was so i could get your players.....
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    I think we shouldn't have a draft. Just a lottery and have people get a team. And stay like that.
    Ok, lets stop talking about this draft. But yes, this is possible with random teams, or people could submit lists, and that wouldn't require being online at the same time.

Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 07:21 PM
    im not saying only the bad teams im saying all the bad teams are, EVENTHOUGH it is their fault their teams are bad.
    I argue with this completely. I came into the league and had no choice but to rebuild. The manager before me, took the team, destroyed it and then quit. I took over and had nothing I could do except build towards the future.

I'm not saying I'd do anything different given the scenario in Colorado, but I could at least work with a team from the get go and get the players I want. That's all I really want, to be able to control my destiny.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by RedSox24@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    the only reason i said your team was pretty good was so i could get your players.....
    THIS is the reason we need to clean up the league.
    I have a penis.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by Choakland4Life@Nov 15 2004, 07:32 PM
    The manager before me, took the team, destroyed it and then quit.
    THIS is the other thing we need to stop.
    I have a penis.

Originally posted by DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    The problem is that this isnt really possible according to Noah.

Major Leaguer
    ok nothing is goin to be settled so i say just give everyone the teams they have now with rosters as of the end of the season, and call it at that.
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

Yep my team was also destroyed. I wouldn't trade Jason Bay for the bag of crap I got in return. I wouldn't trade Kip Wells for ...... any way FUCK YANKEEHATER!
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Optima'>I AM A BANNED IDIOT&#33;&#33;</span></span></span>

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by yeszir+Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (yeszir @ Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DOrtiz4prez@Nov 15 2004, 07:30 PM
    I think we shouldn&#39;t have a draft. Just a lottery and have people get a team. And stay like that.
    The problem is that this isnt really possible according to Noah. [/b][/quote]
    Yes it is, there&#39;s a button in the game that says "Reset, Release all players, Fantasy Draft".
    I have a penis.

Major Leaguer
    Originally posted by Yankeesin05@Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM
    Yep my team was also destroyed. I wouldn&#39;t trade Jason Bay for the bag of crap I got in return. I wouldn&#39;t trade Kip Wells for ...... any way FUCK YANKEEHATER&#33;
    or craig wilson for orlando palmiero

Originally posted by Yankeesin05@Nov 15 2004, 07:33 PM
    Yep my team was also destroyed. I wouldn&#39;t trade Jason Bay for the bag of crap I got in return. I wouldn&#39;t trade Kip Wells for ...... any way FUCK YANKEEHATER&#33;
    tehy were both in teh same deal. Th eonly shit trades i did was with him. Thats why i want to start over cause it was unfair at waht i did.
    Former owner of the Talksox Phillies
    Fantasy owner of the Mexico City Mexicans
    Record: 0-0 0 games back
    Next opponent: Redsox05
    AIM: shadoslicer