Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheets...Ben Sheets

Re: Sheets...Ben Sheets

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego
    Sheets is better then Pavano. Pavano is so overrated. Sheets is pretty good but i'm not sold on him either.
    Which is probably why theo wanted him over clement.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny
    What I look for in the true sign of a growing and developing pitcher to have future success is K/BB. Sheets was dominant last year and, if he avoids injury, he will be for the next decade.
    I never said that I didn't think Sheets was that good. I think he's one of the best young pitchers in the business. I just think we should not call him the next Schilling or compare him to Santana until he's proven a little more.

EDIT: I would not complain if we got him :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by yagmaster
    I never said that I didn't think Sheets was that good. I think he's one of the best young pitchers in the business. I just think we should not call him the next Schilling or compare him to Santana until he's proven a little more.

EDIT: I would not complain if we got him :thumbsup:

Proven a little more, he had as good a season as Santana last year, and its not like Santana has had several of these years..he's had one. Santana isn't "proven" yet.

But yea if we got Sheets and you complain I'd cry.
    In Plump We Trust.

"That was a very well laid out, rational point. But I will still hold to my emotional opinion based on no facts or evidence." - Everyone but Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanksin2010
    Which is probably why theo wanted him over clement.

And how does that have to do with Sheets being twice the pitcher that Pavano is?
    In Plump We Trust.

"That was a very well laid out, rational point. But I will still hold to my emotional opinion based on no facts or evidence." - Everyone but Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpamania
    And how does that have to do with Sheets being twice the pitcher that Pavano is?
    ask the person who said pavano is so overrated.
    Go knicks
    "Trot Nixon, what's that? I thought it was a racehorse." --Reggie Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpamania
    Proven a little more, he had as good a season as Santana last year, and its not like Santana has had several of these years..he's had one. Santana isn't "proven" yet.

But yea if we got Sheets and you complain I'd cry.
    I don't mean to repeat myself, but Santana had an excellent season in 2003, almost as dominant. He was 12 - 3 with a 3.07 ERA and only started for half of the season. I don't know what else you could want.

I'm going to agree....I don't know what you are all trying to come up with. Johan Santana is an awesome pitcher. A lefty pitcher with a top fast ball. It's lights out when he pitches. I have seen enough of him to know he is going to be one of the best pitchers in baseball for years.

However, if Sheets were to end up in Boston through some miracle he could have a better career with a much better baseball team.

Santana probably won't stay with the Twins; he'll want probably around $15 million/year, andt he Twins just can't provide that. Hello, Yankees...
    I have no sig. Sue me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gertie
    Santana probably won't stay with the Twins; he'll want probably around $15 million/year, andt he Twins just can't provide that. Hello, Yankees...
    Santana isn't a Yankees pitcher...he's good and young. I don't think he would be wearing pinstripes until 2015 if at all.

Has no one mentioned the fact that Sheets pitches for Milwaukee, which is terrible, and Santana is a Twin? The infield alone made him (Santana) look even better than he is, and better than Sheets. Put Sheets on a team that can score & has a decent infield, and you all would be saying how awesome the guy was instead of just being so-so on him. Santana is great, or had a great year--but I'd take Sheets ahead of Santana.

Super Moderator

Santana is a great pitcher. Sheets is a great pitcher. If anyone complained about getting either, they should be shot by a firing squad. Santana had proven he can be dominant pitcher. I remember during the season we even went as far to call him a "left-handed Pedro." I wouldn't mind another "left-handed Pedro." Sheets, although he did pitch for Milwaukee, started to slide towards the end of the year if I remember correctly. Santana was dominant every time he went out to pitch.

I hope you guys aren't picking Sheets ahead of Santana because you're mad about the Cy Young turnout... (Was sarcasm if you were wondering)

EDIT: I agree with SoCalSox, if he had a better team with gloves and bats, he would have looked much more better, which is hard to accomplish despite what we've seen already. He's already a great pitcher, and could get a team like Boston much more wins with the offense and defense we have recently acquired.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks
    Santana is a great pitcher. Sheets is a great pitcher. If anyone complained about getting either, they should be shot by a firing squad. Santana had proven he can be dominant pitcher. I remember during the season we even went as far to call him a "left-handed Pedro." I wouldn't mind another "left-handed Pedro." Sheets, although he did pitch for Milwaukee, started to slide towards the end of the year if I remember correctly. Santana was dominant every time he went out to pitch.
    Actually, it was just a poor August due to a little bit of passing back pain. He was dominant again in September and October.

Super Moderator

Yea, I figured after I posted it had to be something like that...Sheets isn't the type of pitcher to go on a slide from what I've seen when he's healthy.

Ben Sheets is the best RHP in baseball, and he's only 24. He signed a one year contract as opposed to Santana's new 4year/$40 million contract. Nice thing about Santana's contract is it expires when he's 29 and in his prime .
    In Plump We Trust.

Sheets and Santana are, unquestionably, going to be at the head of the next generation of aces, along with Prior, and maybe Beckett (is he still 25-ish? I don't know). Sheets, though, is hitting the market, and you know it's going to become a bidding war for him. At least he doesn't have Boras as his agent.
    I have no sig. Sue me.