Ok...you've gotten the league file to work. Now what? Well, time to manage your team. This is what differentiates the sim from fantasy. Now we get to see how good a manager you are. REMEMBER. YOU MUST EXPORT YOUR TEAM TO FTP WHEN FINISHED, OR NONE OF YOUR CHANGES GET RECORDED ON THE SERVER. You can do any of these steps in any order, but this is what I believe is most efficient.

1) Select your team from the Teams pulldown menu or by clicking them on the Standings page. Select your team from the pulldown menu.

3) Select Transactions. This is where you do call ups, send players to the minors, move players to the DL. An important feature here is the Trading Block. All teams will see this, and it will be published in BOSI in the next update. Remember to send players to the minors FIRST. If your roster is full at 25, you can't bring players up unless one gets sent down, released, or put on the DL.

4) Now that you've set the team roster, select Depth Chart. Remember to set both vs LH DH and vs RH DH. Your players have different stats against lefties and righties. This can be seen by selecting "Categories" above your players on the screen. Now...set your percentages. This is how often your guy gets a rest. This is really only if you don't want to micromanage your starters. If you have a platoon, no reason to really rest them that much. I find that autogenerate does a decent job in finding all the players you can play the position. Then, you can set the percentages yourself. If no percentage is set, your manager will only replace the starting player when he is injured. You can also specify a defensive replacement in late innings. Remember to do for both vs. R and vs. L lineups.

5) Set your lineup. Pretty straightforward. Remember, if you bring a player off the bench after setting your depth charts, you'll reset all the percentages. You'd have to go back to depth charts to fix it.

6) Now select pitching staff. Here is were you can set your roles for your pitcher. If you place a pitcher in the spot starter role, he will only start if one of your starting pitchers is injured, or none of them are well rested. It is common for spot starters to also be used in the mop up role. All your pitchers can have more than one role. Your relievers are set in number by importance in the role. In other words, your #1 setup man will get the ball in a tense situation before your #2 setup man, all things considered even.

7) Probably the most important. Your manager. Select Team Strategies. Here is where you set your manager tendencies. You can set your general strategies, and on the right, you can select individual strategies for each player on your roster. For example, you may have a slow team, so you set your manager not to steal. However, you acquire a speedster, like Jose Reyes. So you let him go much more often. Most of the features are self-explanatory. For pitchers, you can set maximum pitch counts, which is a very important feature, and also the individual hook rating for each pitcher. You may trust Jake Peavy to work out of a jam a lot more than you trust Kei Igawa.

8) Now that you're done, go to Team Setup and click on Export Teamt to FTP. This is how the changes are recorded. You can check to see if the export was made by clicking here, but it's not necessary. It's a way for me and the rest of the league to know how active you are in the league.

I hope this gets you through most of OOTP5. You can always reach me if you have questions, or one of the other more experienced OOTP managers.