Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

Super Moderator

3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

Kinda sucks that we have to wake up at 6 in the morning to watch this game, but I will at least. I'm on spring break so luckily I can watch the whole thing, then go back to sleep. Feels awesome to have Red Sox regular season baseball back on though! GO SOX '08!! The title defense starts with Daisuke Matsuzaka returning to Japan. Starting the thread now so that I don't have to wake up at 5 and start it.

Game Info:
    Date: Tuesday, March 25th, 2008
    Teams: Boston Red Sox (0-0) @ Oakland Athletics (0-0)
    First Pitch: 6:05am EDT
    Venue: Tokyo Dome, Tokyo, Japan
    TV: ESPN 2
    Starting Pitchers:

#18 Daisuke Matsuzaka (0-0, 0.00)
    #55 Joe Blanton

Mojo of the day:
    Eh, we'll keep it simple today.

OPENING DAY MOJO!!!!

Re: 3/25 @ Oakland Athletics...in Japan

I am so ready for this season its not even funny. I wish I had spring break this week, but mine isn't until next week, so I'm waking up a half hour early to shower before the game, then watch about an hour or so before school. Nothing quite says "Opening Day" like baseball at 6 AM.
    "Red Sox fans have longed to hear it: the Boston Red Sox are World Champions." --Joe Buck, 10/27/04

"Game over, series over, and the Red Sox are World Champs again!" --Joe Buck, 10/28/07

Legend

I cant wait. i prefer the 6am start time as opposed to say 1pm since I can actually watch about the first 4 innings before going to work

Woohoo! Baseball again!

game starts at 7 here wich isnt too bad , plus I dont have to go to work until 1 so unless there's extra innings I should be able to watch the entire game

Thank God I'm off tomorrow.

And I have to fucking wake up at 5am to see it.

But it's worth it.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

I can't believe you guys are all bitching about a 6 am game. I love it. It's like an even more crazy Patriots day. I'm taking the day off, getting up around 4, drinking coffee for a while then cracking beers at 5 AM! Woohoo I can't wait! I'll be drunk before the sun comes up!

:thumbsup:

GO SOX!

It sucks I can only watch until 7:50 and then I have to go to physics lab, which I can't skip. Blah. Freaking excited that baseball is back though!!!
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

DiceK predicition: 6 innings, 4 hits, 2 earned runs, 7 k's 2 walks.

Manny and Ortiz go back to back. Count on it. Sox win 7-3
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

I think the Sox split Japan. The loss could really be either one-we've notoriously sucked on Opening Day, but the pitching matchup favors us Tuesday, while not so much Wednesday. I say Sox win tomorrow, 8-4.

Its an noon here, unfortunately I have to be at my internship. That's what Gamecast is for I guess.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i have 8 am class tomorrow so i'm just wiring myself on red bull and amp energy drinks, and staying up all night.

dice-k is gonna be fired up for this one

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter;316471;
    I can't believe you guys are all bitching about a 6 am game. I love it. It's like an even more crazy Patriots day. I'm taking the day off, getting up around 4, drinking coffee for a while then cracking beers at 5 AM! Woohoo I can't wait! I'll be drunk before the sun comes up!

:thumbsup:

GO SOX!
    It's not really the hour that bugs me; it's not much earlier than when I wake up during the week. I'm just not thrilled about having to miss the last 2/3rds of the game for school.
    "Red Sox fans have longed to hear it: the Boston Red Sox are World Champions." --Joe Buck, 10/27/04

"Game over, series over, and the Red Sox are World Champs again!" --Joe Buck, 10/28/07

Super Moderator

I'm leaving the spring training thread open because there are still more exhibition games to be played after the two regular season games in Japan.

Soooooo pumped. T-minus 5.5 hours!

All-Star

Can only watch until about 9 (hopefully it will be over), have an unskippable class at 9:30.