Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something I felt like saying.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Something I felt like saying.

Is it just me, or does anyone else get the feeling that Derek Jeter could spend the entire time from Spring Training to the ASB on the disabled list and still lead in AllStar shortstop votes?

Cal friggin Ripken could be playing at peak form for another team and Jeter could literally be a quadrapalegic and he'd still win by four billion votes.

I bet if it was uncovered the third week into the season that Derek Jeter was, in fact, soley responsible for the events of 9/11, he would receive 75% of the vote. The other 25% would be Red Sox fans and jealous Islamic extremists.

I personally know of at least two Yankees fans who would vote the maximum number of times for Derek Jeter after watching him make nine errors and strike out six times in only three plate appearances in Game 7 of the World Series, and coming home to find him having sex with their wife, daughter, son, cat, ficus plant, and pillowcase.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Re: Something I felt like saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;326284;
    Derek Jeter was, in fact, soley responsible for the events of 9/11.
    Link?

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;326284;
    I personally know of at least two Yankees fans who would vote the maximum number of times for Derek Jeter after watching him make nine errors and strike out six times in only three plate appearances in Game 7 of the World Series, and coming home to find him having sex with their wife, daughter, son, cat, ficus plant, and pillowcase.
    :lol: Completely agree with this entire post. This is why the all-star game is a joke.
    Never Gonna give you up, Never gonna let you downB)

Captain intangibles man. I voted for him as an outfielder and as a catcher too.

Screw Jeter. I voted Julio Lugo 10 times because of his amazing clutch and brilliant utility play. Not to mention now he can actually call the game and argue with the Ump over a checked swing he wasn't even involved in.

He's going nowhere but up.

[/sarcasm]

Yeah but I agree with YOTN, it's stupid. And Dustball is right, the All-Star game is a joke, especially when you let fans such as myself have the ability to vote.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Thats why 7 of 9 AL starters are Red Sox or Yankees.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Dustball;326287;
    :lol: Completely agree with this entire post. This is why the all-star game is a joke.
    Joke or not...I'm going. So is 26 to 6.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;326444;
    That's pretty sick, even if it is very Redsox/Yankee stacked. Have a good time.
    Never Gonna give you up, Never gonna let you downB)

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;326444;
    Do you two know each other in a non-digital capacity?

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;326444 View Post
    Hell yeah that shit is gonna be awesome I can't wait. The whole weekend is gonna be amazing. My favorite part isn't the HR Derby, nor the ASG; but Taco Bell All Star Sunday. Get to see the fresh faces in trhe futures game, and then the legends in the softball game. Can't beat it. Ozzie Smith is my all time favorite player, and I only got to see him play one time in 1996 when I was like 7, how awesome is it that I'm going to get to see him play..in Yankee Stadium no less. That's what the All Star festivities are all about, the fans. Call it a joke, but this is OUR game. If they wanna attach home field or whatever to it then fine, but it's still our game, and it is not a joke.

Speaking of that Legends/Celebrity softball game, do you think Mattingly will play for the AL side with a Yankee cap or the NL side with a Dodger cap?

..and so what, Jeter deserves it. He's been nothing but great for the game since he came into it. Goodrole model, model citizen, charitable, dignified; you might think I' on his dick right now, but I'm just pointing out the truth. There's a reason he's one of, if not THE most marketable players in baseball.

Jetsey?!? :dunno: I don't get it either YOTN!

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;326632;
    ..and so what, Jeter deserves it. He's been nothing but great for the game since he came into it. Goodrole model, model citizen, charitable, dignified; you might think I' on his dick right now, but I'm just pointing out the truth. There's a reason he's one of, if not THE most marketable players in baseball.
    Yes, his history as a taxpayer puts him in the company of great humanitarians like Leona Helmsley, Heidi Fleiss, Martha Stewart, Daryl Strawberry, Spiro Agnew, and Al Capone.

Oh, and I forgot, add George "The Felon" Steinbrenner to the list.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

For whom is the All Star Game played? If it's intended primarily for the fans, then fan voting makes sense.

I didn't think of this--Robin Yount did, I believe, one year when the All Star wasn't leading at shortstop despite good stats, perhaps because Milwaukee is smaller than New York, Boston, and most other MLB cities. It was a classy response, and it was a good point.

Someday Derek Jeter is going to be in the Hall of Fame. He's a lousy fielder, but his hitting has more than made up for his glove over the course of his career. His popularity, especially with Yankees fans, transcends his talent.

I'll never vote for Jeter for the All Star Game: I hate his guts. I don't fault a system that has Jeter starting at shortstop for the AL, though, even if he's having an off year. Derek Jeter should be a perennial All Star; he is immensely popular with the largest group of fans in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk Bill;326764;
    I'll never vote for Jeter for the All Star Game: I hate his guts. I don't fault a system that has Jeter starting at shortstop for the AL, though, even if he's having an off year. Derek Jeter should be a perennial All Star; he is immensely popular with the largest group of fans in MLB.
    Despite the fact that Julio Lugo is having a better offensive year and he has more range than Jeter. As I type this, Jeter hits his 3rd homer of the year.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;326766;
    Despite the fact that Julio Lugo is having a better offensive year and he has more range than Jeter. As I type this, Jeter hits his 3rd homer of the year.
    Yes.

Yankees fans want to see Jeter on the All Star Team; Boston fans don't even want to see Julio Lugo on their own team. :dunno: