Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Re: Metal

You know, I never gave Black Sabbath much of a chance before. Never disliked them or anything, but they always sort of merely existed to me and I never bothered to really check them out.

Notice much of that is in past tense. Master of Reality is a really fucking good album (much better/heavier riffs than I expected). Paranoid is next.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;517402 View Post
    Melodic, not dark metal isn't too bad (it there really is such a thing). When it comes to "hardcore" and dark metal, I can't stand it. There is enough suffering and darkness in the world, I don't want it anywhere near my music or soul. Some listen to music to "rock", music for me is an escape to somewhere more beautiful.

On a side note, my sister listens almost exclusively to dark, depressing music and it never helps make her less anxious or happy. I'm not sure I'll ever understand it.
    You need thrash. It's many multiples more high energy and intense than it is depressing or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;517407;
    This will not end well.
    No, to each his or her own.

I have no problem with people listening to music that I have no appreciation for. As long as I am not forced to hear it. I don't like opera, either.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;517411;
    You know, I never gave Black Sabbath much of a chance before. Never disliked them or anything, but they always sort of merely existed to me and I never bothered to really check them out.

Notice much of that is in past tense. Master of Reality is a really fucking good album (much better/heavier riffs than I expected). Paranoid is next.
    Been getting into them a lot too. Master of Reality is amazing. Volume 4 is pretty good also, so is Sabbth Bloody Sabbath.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;517404;
    Glad this thread got dragged up. New High On Fire song debuted today. Probably gonna be the best metal album of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;517408;
    Careful now, you'll be labeled "Old Timey".
    I'm 22 and some people look at me funny when I prefer Jazz and classical over pop and rock. Youth today don't appreciate good music. I've had people call it "boring", "gay", "a*s pirate music", "old timer" music, "unhip", "busy", blah blah blah. <_<

People need to remember that music isn't about impressing people with "skillz" or toughness, it's supposed to come from the "heart" and "mind", not fists and penises (or c*nts).

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;517416 View Post
    Youth today don't appreciate good music.
    o hai howd u like to lose an arm

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;517412;
    You need thrash. It's many multiples more high energy and intense than it is depressing or anything.
    I'm not so sure. See, I like music with coherence and people who actually know how to play their instruments. Thrash is just too much... noise.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;517409;
    Yes, why?
    Good.

As I said, no disrespect meant.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;517413;

I have no problem with people listening to music that I have no appreciation for. As long as I am not forced to hear it. I don't like opera, either.
    Then why say "No disrespect meant, but you actually enjoy that?". Why not just keep your mouth shut? Putting no disrespect infront of something doesn't make it respectful. I can say "with all do respect, fuck you" but the point still stands, fuck you. Right? And no I don't actually mean fuck you, because I know damn well I'll probably get banned for that and you'll get off with nothing as always, along with Dipre.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;517418;
    o hai howd u like to lose an arm
    I'm not singling anyone one out.
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;517419 View Post
    I'm not so sure. See, I like music with coherence and people who actually know how to play their instruments. Thrash is just too much... noise.
    Thrash people don't know how to play their instruments?

This is news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;517413;

Opera's not terrible, although the vibrato some of the singers use makes me feel like I've got "shaken baby syndrome" after a few versus.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;517421;
    Then why say "No disrespect meant, but you actually enjoy that?". Why not just keep your mouth shut? Putting no disrespect infront of something doesn't make it respectful. I can say "with all do respect, fuck you" but the point still stands, fuck you. Right? And no I don't actually mean fuck you, because I know damn well I'll probably get banned for that and you'll get off with nothing as always, along with Dipre.
    But why am i in the middle of this one?

I did nothing. Jesus Christ.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;517421;
    I think you are over reacting. I just don't like that sound. You probably don't like what I listen to either. Big deal. And I did not mean to insult you. You like what you like. That is your right.

I was hoping that you would express why you find this form of music so enjoyable so I could have a better understanding. That's all. I meant no condensation.