Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Metal

Any metal heads out there? Or am I the only one?

Re: Metal

not only you. Huge metal head right here

Depends on what bands you consider metal.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

I like some metal at times. Anyone like Haste the Day? They're one of my favorite bands.

Haste The Day is metalcore. God i hate metalcore

Ehh idk. Name a band.

Deity

lol @ metal snobs

Opeth is one of my favorite bands. I saw them in Montreal, gonna go see them in NYC in september

Amon Amarth, Iced Earth, In Flames, and a bunch I cant remember because it is early

In Flames is good. I love old Metallica.

Currently I'm obsessed with Devildriver and Atreyu.

Atreyu is pretty soft IMO, kinda sellout in their sound- devildriver has a very good base for their work and have good pieces but they always seem to fall a little short for me.

Slayer, how could I forget them?

Lamb of God has some good stuff, the sword is a very good band worth checking out.

Megadeth, All that Remains

As I Lay Dying- a lot of good songs.

Killswitch Engage has some good stuff

KMFDM's WWIII is a sick song

Old Avenged Sevenfold- Darkness Surrounds and City of Evil albums, not their first or their most recent

A lot of people like Children of Bodom a lot- they are ok but not really on my iPod

It Dies Today, Still Remains' Blossom the Witch is a great song

Single A

I spent the 90's in all those clubs in Boston listening to my husband and all the other local metal bands. I have to say I'm a bit burnt out at this point. However I do plan to see the Wargasm reunion show at The Middle East next month. That's gonna be a must see.

Banned

Does Snoop Doggy Dog qualify as hardcore metal?

Quote Originally Posted by Squish;341903;
    I spent the 90's in all those clubs in Boston listening to my husband and all the other local metal bands. I have to say I'm a bit burnt out at this point. However I do plan to see the Wargasm reunion show at The Middle East next month. That's gonna be a must see.
    Somebody married you? Are you serious?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Boy, everyone listens to more mainstream stuff, which is cool. I fucking love Metallica and Slayer. I seen Slayer twice. Lamb of God with them. And Children of Bodom. Nobody listens to sludge metal/doom metal though? I love that stuff. Shit like The Melvins(saw them last night with big business), Mastodon, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Black Sabbath, and others

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;341918 View Post
    Boy, everyone listens to more mainstream stuff, which is cool. I fucking love Metallica and Slayer. I seen Slayer twice. Lamb of God with them. And Children of Bodom. Nobody listens to sludge metal/doom metal though? I love that stuff. Shit like The Melvins(saw them last night with big business), Mastodon, Electric Wizard, Sleep, Black Sabbath, and others
    You mean like Dying Fetus? I don't like that stuff. I'm more the Sevendust/Disturbed kind of metal (if that's even considered metal lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;341921;
    You mean like Dying Fetus? I don't like that stuff. I'm more the Sevendust/Disturbed kind of metal (if that's even considered metal lol).

Dying Fetus is death metal, which is cool too. It's also kinda like Grindcore. Grindcore is fucking badass.

Sevendust/Disturbed is like, borderline metal. It's heavy rock lol