Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Do You Want JayHawk Bill to Post on TalkSox?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 77.78%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Banned

Re: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

GHB,

He was 1-7 with a 4.09 ERA overall. See what I mean by cherry picking your stats?

Also, he was expendable because Aaron Cook was coming back, they had two promising pitchers coming up, and he was owed 2.35 million?

How can you possibly not be seeing this?

When you say 95%, and it's arbitrary, well then it means nothing. I say your 95% is really 0%. Please, and I'm being polite here, explain to me if there is any logic to that 95%.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Alright, I am sick and fucking tired of this. This is what is going to happen, okay?

1. This thread will be locked.
    2. JHB and Gom, you will be free to discuss baseball, football, movies, whatever in the main forums under the same standards as the rest of us. This matter is being put to rest before it literally consumes everyone on this board.
    3. The first one of you who references anything that happened in these arguments or insults the other for no reason in a general forum thread will be warned, and the post deleted.
    4. If the other responds instead of ignoring it, they will be warned, and their post deleted.
    5. The second time, you will be banned for a temporary period of time
    6. The third, you are gone forever.
    7. This is a message board. Shut up and talk about baseball. If you want to argue and insult, you could have used this forum, but you have taken it way beyond the level acceptable even for 'Anything Goes'

Now, before I close this, I would like confirmation from both of you that you understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

What's with all the moderation in here? It's just bickering as far as I can tell. Let them wear themselves out because if they don't this is going to spread to other forums easy. Just like the old days with myself and Yankshater, Crespo, YS013 and SOTK.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;346182;
    Now, before I close this, I would like confirmation from both of you that you understand.
    I don't understand why they have to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

YOTN, you are free to do what you want, you are a moderator but they're still kind of discussing baseball. There is some insults, but it's in the "anything goes" forum. I don't think there is really an issue with it as long as it doesn't spill into other threads. This is not the only thing that members are discussing. Just my two cents.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;346182;
    Alright, I am sick and fucking tired of this. This is what is going to happen, okay?

1. This thread will be locked.
    2. JHB and Gom, you will be free to discuss baseball, football, movies, whatever in the main forums under the same standards as the rest of us. This matter is being put to rest before it literally consumes everyone on this board.
    3. The first one of you who references anything that happened in these arguments or insults the other for no reason in a general forum thread will be warned, and the post deleted.
    4. If the other responds instead of ignoring it, they will be warned, and their post deleted.
    5. The second time, you will be banned for a temporary period of time
    6. The third, you are gone forever.
    7. This is a message board. Shut up and talk about baseball. If you want to argue and insult, you could have used this forum, but you have taken it way beyond the level acceptable even for 'Anything Goes'

Wrong YOTN. You know why this is wrong. Check the 26 thread, I said my peace there.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Super Moderator

No offense, YotN, but I'm not a fan of that ultimatum. There are better ways to handle it.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;346119;
    Sadly, I have to say, this board has dropped in it's high level of baseball talk. When I first joined, I found the members here to be intelligent in their analysis, mainly objective, and always up for a good discussion on a topic....The level of intelligence here has dropped to the point where TalkSox is no different than any retarded Yankee forum.
    According to you, all this has happened since you joined, so there's correlation. Maybe there could be more focus on baseball talk if you didn't have half the board involved in flame wars with you at various intervals. Perhaps there's causation as well?