Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Hockey '08

Re: Yahoo Hockey '08

After running first all year, I'm not too psyched about the prospect of playing for 3rd next week.

Right?

WTF Hater? How could this be happening? Was supposed to be you and me for all the marbles, no???

In the championsip round...by default I think. I tied and because (I'm assuming) I had the higher seed I move on. Yet my opponent didn't start a couple of guys yesterday that might have made a difference.

A somewhat hollow victory...but I'll take it.

well this sucks

Our league results did not tally last night. Hope it gets rectified, I've got a shoutout and 1.5GAA that'll be key to winning this week.

They tallied now, rician.

I love starting the week off against a shutout! (CRAP)

My team was built on goalies and last week I lucked out that brodeur's poor performance didn't kill me. This week, off to a good start.

Good luck to ya...but not too much.

just so you guys know i'm still considering myself champion, or at the very least co-champion with whoever wins.

Dude, I hear you...the playoff format is a touch unfair, one bad week (after months of dominance) and you're out. Also, you could have a lot of your guys not playing (because their teams are inactive) while your opponent is loaded.

Then again...tough shit.

just kidding.

it was a fun year though, it was good to have at least a few active people in there, and a decent amount of competition going too.

I had never done fantasy hockey before but this was actually a lot of fun. I fully expect rician to beat me this week, especially getting the shutout on the 1st night but I never really expected to be in the championship to begin with considering I was in dead last a month into the season. Then I changed coaches (to Gus Johnson) and it was all gravy after that. Thanks Gus!

It was my first one too, I enjoyed it, looking foward to do it again next year

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;389616;
    I had never done fantasy hockey before but this was actually a lot of fun. I fully expect rician to beat me this week, especially getting the shutout on the 1st night but I never really expected to be in the championship to begin with considering I was in dead last a month into the season. Then I changed coaches (to Gus Johnson) and it was all gravy after that. Thanks Gus!

You picked up a goalie win tonight, so we're tied there and you had 1.5 GAA tonight as well...again, I think that leaves us tied. I suspect tomorrow a.m. it'll be tight or you'll have jumped in front. I say it'll be very close.

Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;389646;
    You picked up a goalie win tonight, so we're tied there and you had 1.5 GAA tonight as well...again, I think that leaves us tied. I suspect tomorrow a.m. it'll be tight or you'll have jumped in front. I say it'll be very close.
    I was praying for a low, low score tonight as I had Rinne facing Mason. Fortunately it was a good ole 2-1 game. That helped quite a bit. I wish I could make up the shutout category somehow though.

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;389649;
    I was praying for a low, low score tonight as I had Rinne facing Mason. Fortunately it was a good ole 2-1 game. That helped quite a bit. I wish I could make up the shutout category somehow though.

I was just looking ahead at who you have going versus who I have going the rest of the week. I'm a bit concerned...you have a day or two where your lineup is loaded and you have a lot of goalie starts as well. I've feasted on teams that have maybe one starting goalie and then a couple of platoon guys...at this point your goalies are all #1 guys I think. And it doesn't look as though your goalies are being rested either...if the Rangers or Devils decide to give their #1 guys a blow, I'm in trouble...we already know the Bruins are apt to give Thomas some games off as well.

Meanwhile my big 3..PArise, Savard, Getzlaf...haven't been doing much.