Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Report: Obama Tried to Delay Withdrawal Agreement of U.S. Troops

Report: Obama Tried to Delay Withdrawal Agreement of U.S. Troops

Obama who has run on an anti-war platform premised on withdrawing troops from Iraq has made private efforts to keep the troops in Iraq.

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09...-of-us-troops/

http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008...wal_129150.htm
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Re: Report: Obama Tried to Delay Withdrawal Agreement of U.S. Troops

He apparently has also lied about his plan to completely withdraw troops from Iraq within 16 months of taking office. His own advisers are recommending keeping 60- 80,000 troops there at the end of 2010. Where does this guy stand on anything. He blows in the wind with his "Change" mantra, but the truth is that he'll say anything to get elected, and no one really knows what he believes or where his values lie.

http://www.nysun.com/national/obama-...-troops/74207/

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Evil Emperor

Obama is so full of shit, and has been since day 1. Some people can see right through him, while others are blind to his words. We're in Iraq for the long haul, like it or not. The objective is to establish permanent military bases throughout the middle east, so don't expect to see a withdrawal anytime soon. And by soon I mean within the next 10-15 years.

"Change" my ass. Only thing he's gonna change is probably some of the decor in the presidential bedroom of the White House.

We, as a nation are FUCKED.

I'm moving to Europe, peace. Thank god for mlb.tv

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;351113;
    Obama is so full of shit, and has been since day 1. Some people can see right through him, while others are blind to his words. We're in Iraq for the long haul, like it or not. The objective is to establish permanent military bases throughout the middle east, so don't expect to see a withdrawal anytime soon. And by soon I mean within the next 10-15 years.
    It's funny that you should say that. At the time of the invasion, I told people that it was a courageous move on Bush's part (note I didn't say smart), because there was no way that he could stabilize that country and the region before the end of his second term. I said that if it could be done in 25 years that would be a major accomplishment. It's 5 years later and you are predicting 15 more years. That's only 5 years short of my original prediction. 5 years difference-- for a Yankee and Red Sox fan is almost total agreement.

then you have this from the other side of the fence

Rove: McCain went 'too far' in ads

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/...rap/index.html

can you imagine a scum bag like rove calling anyone out??

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;351125 View Post
    It's funny that you should say that. At the time of the invasion, I told people that it was a courageous move on Bush's part (note I didn't say smart), because there was no way that he could stabilize that country and the region before the end of his second term. I said that if it could be done in 25 years that would be a major accomplishment. It's 5 years later and you are predicting 15 more years. That's only 5 years short of my original prediction. 5 years difference-- for a Yankee and Red Sox fan is almost total agreement.
    I say AT LEAST 10-15 years, maybe more

And also, I think it's clear that Bush's goal wasn't to stabalize the region, but rather create mass turmoil throughout the entire area. All he had in mind was the $$$$ involved.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;351130;
    I say AT LEAST 10-15 years, maybe more

And also, I think it's clear that Bush's goal wasn't to stabalize the region, but rather create mass turmoil throughout the entire area. All he had in mind was the $$$$ involved.
    Solidify the US foot hold by throwing the region into chaos? Not a bad theory. If they are killing each other, they will not be able to focus on killing us, and someone would have to manage the oil.

Well if Obama wins I guess I could always go back to England.
    West Virginia University 2014

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;351135 View Post
    Solidify the US foot hold by throwing the region into chaos? Not a bad theory. If they are killing each other, they will not be able to focus on killing us, and someone would have to manage the oil.
    And who better than G.W and his buddies, what with all of their personal interests in the oil industry and all. Unfortunately their intended plan backfired and now no longer are we the saviors in the region, but now the problem. Keep in mind not many people in that part of the world wanted us there to begin with. All we've done is made their hatrid and resentments toward us grow. and no matter what, this isn't going to end well; whether it be tomorrow, 15 years from now, or 40 years from now. We're committed though.