Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Who won tonight's debate?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Biden

7 41.18%
  • Palin

10 58.82%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Who won tonight's debate? .

Deity

Re: Who won tonight's debate? .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;357067;
    Alright, you've just been a royal cunt ever since I joined here, so other than fuck you I have nothing else to say to you.
    Sigh.

Wasting a vote is the sad thing. Not you, although you don't exactly cover yourself with glory.

. Obamas lead is widening, hmmm, Barry Goldwater anyone? .

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;357171;
    Maybe you don't intend to act like a prick, but that's how you come off.
    I can be confrontational, no doubt about that. If someone states a conclusion on any issue, I like to try to understand the thought process leading to the conclusion. I understand that this is a message board and posters are under no obligation to state reasons for their opinions, but I think the posting of unsupported opinions makes for a boring forum. I like the exchange of ideas, so I will usually ask for some reasons for an opinion in sports, politics, etc. If someone answers my request for supporting facts etc. with a statement that they are obviously right, I might confront the poster with his/her fallacious argument and accuse them of having nothing to support this/her position. Yes, at that point I guess you could take the view that I am being prickish, but i am just trying to draw out some information. It usually succeeds in getting the poster to engage in a lively, but not always friendly substantive debate. In your case, my confrontational style caused you to withdraw from a serious conversation. The next time I will challenge you in a different way to establish the dialogue. It's not my goal for these exchanges to get personal.

BTW The reason I said that I'd slap you silly is not because of arthritis. Most people feel embarrassed to make out a police report claiming that someone slapped them around.. I was just kidding about that anyway. You people under 20 think us guys between 40-50 are over the hill. That is really a bigoted thought. I still play softball in a league with a minimum age of 18. I still hit over .500, have good hands and good arm. Speed is pretty much gone, but I think I can outrun Mike Lowell with the bad hip. I can drink with any college kid, work as hard as any college kid, etc. And some of us are pretty smart.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34;357141;
    ...And don't get me wrong 700, I view you as a well informed, very politically aware voter. You are part of the reason I come here to discuss politics and also test out different arguments whether they be my own or if I'm just looking for feedback on a position. I don't necessarily agree with your positions, but I respect your views and concerns.
    Thank you. I am always willing to share my opinions and the reasons for my opinions.

Edit: I have great respect for the younger posters on this forum. They are engaging in and ably debating important issues, including baseball. In the younger posters I see a lot of the same ideas and thought processes of my earlier youth (I still consider myself young). Your opinions will evolve over time. Some opinions may even change as you experience more in life. I don't mean this as a put down in anyway. My opinions continue to change and evolve on many issues.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

[youtube="Bob Barr on the Bailout"]t5waL8brexY[/youtube]
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

I'll take "financial crisis" for 200, Alex.

Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;357568;
    I'll take "financial crisis" for 200, Alex.

Oh wait.
    Did you watch the video?

What do you think about nationalizing big businesses to the tune of $850 billion dollars?
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;357096;

Nobody in this thread has challenged me to become an informed electorate, they're trying to get under my skin. You're making it sound like I'm completely out of line, while everyone else has noble intentions and is doing nothing wrong. Both sides (me and the others) are either both out of line or both in line. I've only dished back what I've been given.
    Well, this is not entirely true. I suggested that you study the history of inflationary monetary policy, and how it effects the value of the dollar. You blew it off with, ":lol: I'll put that onto my to do list."

I've also provided many links that you could read up on other candidates, but you refused, and continue to endorse Obama. Despite your views being very different than yours.

If you would like, I can recommend some very good books on political philosophy that you would consider informative and enlightening. These books would help you understand that both parties don't really offer much 'change,' but rather a continued offering of the status quo. It also can help you realize how the citizens of a free society should be feared by their government, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;357574;
    Did you watch the video?

What do you think about nationalizing big businesses to the tune of $850 billion dollars?
    Yeah I watched it. I don't really like the bailout.. To be honest I don't know that much when it comes to the economy. But I like what he said.