Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone else love those "Buy these Christian Albums" Commercials?

Re: Anyone else love those "Buy these Christian Albums" Commercials?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;365299;
    Hmm, I see no one liked my Darwin Awards link.

Jerks.
    :lol:It was good, but it also may not have had to do with religion...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;365300;
    Word. I fully agree.

Religion's a touchy subject in my family, since my mom's side is crazy Christian and my dad's side is crazy Jewish. Both tried to convert the other. Neither are happy with my decision...<_<
    Hahaha, my mom's side is Christian and my dad's side is Jewish as well. I lost any respect for the Catholic church I may have had when I heard that when my mom's priest found out that she was marrying a Jew and said to her, and I quote, "If I were the Pope, I would excommunicate you." I mean seriously, what the fuck? Needless to say, my mom and dad agreed to raise me Jewish, but I don't take religion seriously at all. The only reason I knew how to chant my Torah portion at my Bar Mitzvah was because I memorized it on tape. Not because I actually knew what I was saying or what the hell I was doing.

I just say I'm a cashew (catholic-jew).

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;365303;
    Hahaha, my mom's side is Christian and my dad's side is Jewish as well. I lost any respect for the Catholic church I may have had when I heard that when my mom's priest found out that she was marrying a Jew and said to her, and I quote, "If I were the Pope, I would excommunicate you." I mean seriously, what the fuck? Needless to say, my mom and dad agreed to raise me Jewish, but I don't take religion seriously at all. The only reason I knew how to chant my Torah portion at my Bar Mitzvah was because I memorized it on tape. Not because I actually knew what I was saying or what the hell I was doing.

I just say I'm a cashew (catholic-jew).
    :lol: And that priest is nuts.

Banned

That's not what I meant.

What I meant was that with no formal education, with no ability for fiscal and social upward mobility, religion is the answer for their station in life, with promises of riches in the after-life.

I am not pro or anti religion. It's a personal choice.

What I was saying is that this mass hysteria that is created by such factors, when coupled with no formal education and really, very little hope in life...well....

I am not from that area of the world, but I've been there often. It's much worse than you guys can imagine.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."