Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any football(soccer) fans.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: Any football(soccer) fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;410001;
    jajajaja
    I don't think there is a way you could've fit any more WIN into that post.
    WAR is good for something.

Soccer is the ancestor of Football.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;410014 View Post
    Soccer is the ancestor of Football.
    So?

They took a shitty sport of cards and flopping and turned it into a respectable sport.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;409987;
    Portsmouth.

Anyone who roots for the big four is a douche. Especially Americans.
    It's one thing to like them and know what you're talking about. Especially if you have a shit ton of that team's memorabilia.

Now, if you're just rooting for one of the lesser big four teams (Arsenal or Liverpool) as opposed to rooting for the top two (Chelsea or Man U), then you're a douche.

I also like Manchester City and don't mind watching Fulham play, as it has had a few very good American players over recent years.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;410017;
    So?

They took a shitty sport of cards and flopping and turned it into a respectable sport.
    That shitty sport of cards and flopping requires much more endurance and conditioning than football. I played football; I'm not some soccer player trying to defend it. Football requires more strength and toughness, but soccer overall is much harder to prepare for.

I like Arsenal because I love how they play, Wenger is a genius. I love how they attack and pass. I think Fabregas is a top 5 midfielder in the world. I hate Man U but that's not why I root for Arsenal. I like Fulham as well because of their American players although they are down to just one now, Dempsey.

Triple A

I like to watch Arsenal play for the reasons Teddy listed. I think they play beautiful football and when they are on, it's just fun to watch.

I wouldn't call a manager who hasn't won a trophy for 5 years and who's job is in serious jeapordy for a refusal to sign what's needed a genius.

Triple A

Goodbye West Brom, Middlesbrough and Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;410433;
    It's one thing to like them and know what you're talking about. Especially if you have a shit ton of that team's memorabilia.

Now, if you're just rooting for one of the lesser big four teams (Arsenal or Liverpool) as opposed to rooting for the top two (Chelsea or Man U), then you're a douche.

I also like Manchester City and don't mind watching Fulham play, as it has had a few very good American players over recent years.
    I like watching Liverpool play. I love players who can head the ball into the net, and Liverpool had Hyypia and Crouch at one point. Torres and Gerrard are fucking unstoppable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;412704;
    I like watching Liverpool play. I love players who can head the ball into the net, and Liverpool had Hyypia and Crouch at one point. Torres and Gerrard are fucking unstoppable.
    Torres is insanely fast, perhaps faster than Messi/Ronaldo/Drogba. He doesn't have the ability to dangle as well as some of the other high-tier players, but he doesn't need that to be successful. He can run incredibly fast and then stop short on a tack like no one's business. Although I do think his success is partially a result from Gerrard's presence and his cannon for a leg right in the middle of the field - especially on the offensive. Liverpool is always fun to watch. They may have to make a move though; they're close to being the top dog in the EPL (and they could have won it if they didn't cough up their lead earlier in the winter), but I don't think they're good enough to overcome Chelsea or Man U yet. Arsenal really isn't that good of a team as constructed. They went to the semifinals of the Champions League only because of who they played... Roma and then Villarreal. Not that difficult. Liverpool, unfortunately, drew two tough match-ups with Real Madrid first, and then went on to lose to Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;412745;
    Torres is insanely fast, perhaps faster than Messi/Ronaldo/Drogba. He doesn't have the ability to dangle as well as some of the other high-tier players, but he doesn't need that to be successful. He can run incredibly fast and then stop short on a tack like no one's business. Although I do think his success is partially a result from Gerrard's presence and his cannon for a leg right in the middle of the field - especially on the offensive. Liverpool is always fun to watch. They may have to make a move though; they're close to being the top dog in the EPL (and they could have won it if they didn't cough up their lead earlier in the winter), but I don't think they're good enough to overcome Chelsea or Man U yet. Arsenal really isn't that good of a team as constructed. They went to the semifinals of the Champions League only because of who they played... Roma and then Villarreal. Not that difficult. Liverpool, unfortunately, drew two tough match-ups with Real Madrid first, and then went on to lose to Chelsea.
    1. Drogba is in no way fast.

2. Overcoming Chelsea? Liverpool finished above them and beat them both times they played in the league.

3. Real Madrid was hardly tough. They got totally destroyed.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGeorge67;412892;
    1. Drogba is in no way fast.
    Oh shit. I didn't mean Drogba, I must have had his name pop into my head when I was thinking about Chelsea because who I meant was Joe Cole. He's fast.

2. Overcoming Chelsea? Liverpool finished above them and beat them both times they played in the league.
    Don't get me wrong, I think Liverpool is great. But Chelsea just looked like they were in better shape later in the season. I never really saw any urgency out of Liverpool during the Champions League match-up until the start of the second leg of the quarterfinals, when they scored the 2 first half goals. They blew it really quickly though. They were tired when Chelsea struck back.

3. Real Madrid was hardly tough. They got totally destroyed.
    I mean, I was trying to simply show that Liverpool's Champions League match-ups were more difficult than Arsenal's. I'm not here to debate whether or not the Real Madrid match-up was tough or not, I'm just saying that the only reason Arsenal went farther in the CL is because they had an easier schedule. If Arsenal played Liverpool, I honestly don't think it would have been as close as their EPL ties would consider.

Anybody watch the FA Cup final this weekend? Im a city guy and my friends are hardcore chelsea fans who always talk about how great they are, so I was behind Everton. They fell apart after the first 30.
    Everybody wants a piece of me. Nobody can stomach the whole thing

Super Moderator

I hate how many cups there are in soccer. That's the one thing. I only pay attention to the World Cup, the Champions League, and the national leagues (like the Premier League for England, La Liga for Spain, etc).

Chelsea can take the FA Cup. Too bad they didn't get the one they really wanted.