Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Any football(soccer) fans.

Super Moderator

Re: Any football(soccer) fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;423445;
    Fucking unreal. This is like the Nationals coming back to win it all this year.
    lol, no, it's not THAT much of a stretch. What a fucking win. I sincerely hope this raises interest for the sport in our country.

Congratulations!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGeorge67;423458;
    Congratulations!
    haha, thanks. What's the reaction over on the other side of the pond? Are the Europeans pulling for the US now that they've made the finals?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;423451;
    lol, no, it's not THAT much of a stretch. What a fucking win. I sincerely hope this raises interest for the sport in our country.
    Making the second round by beating Egypt by a 3 goals and hoping Brazil beats Italy by three goals [the only way they could get in] and then beating the #1 ranked team in the world?

Adam Dunn, World Series MVP!
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;423462;
    haha, thanks. What's the reaction over on the other side of the pond? Are the Europeans pulling for the US now that they've made the finals?
    It was a big shock but no one's really that bothered either way. I'm just happy Fernando finally get's a rest

I'm not a fan of international football (primarily because the "Ing-er-land" fans are a bunch of aresholes who think they're gonna win the world cup whenever they beat someone like Andorra), though I do enjoy watching tournaments that England aren't involved in as there's less of the media frenzy about how great England are and what not. You can concentrate on the football!

All that said, I'll be supporting you guys as I've never liked Brazil

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;423464;
    Making the second round by beating Egypt by a 3 goals and hoping Brazil beats Italy by three goals [the only way they could get in] and then beating the #1 ranked team in the world?

Adam Dunn, World Series MVP!
    Well yeah, the situation is pretty improbable, but at first I thought you meant beating Spain was as improbable as Washington winning the WS, which it's not. But yes, taking everything into account, I will agree with you.

Donovan played a great game, showed why some consider him to be world class. So calm on the ball today. The Bradley red was BS and is going to kill them against Brazil. Hes the man who has to break up Kaka and their offence. He showed that last summer when they played them. Great game.

Can the US take down Brazil today? It will be tough without Bradley. If Jorge Larrionda is the ref ill murder him. Probably miss the end of the Sox game, o well. USA USA USA

Banned

They had it...and then they lost it. Good effort, but they had to push more when they had the lead.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Yanks created their own downfall. After the second goal every time they intercepted the ball they thought they could do the same counter attack again rather than keeping hold of the ball. When they inevitably lost it whilst trying to break, disaster. Yet they kept doing it. Naive.

Altidore's second half killed this team. He did zero and gave minimal effort.

The U.S. needs more depth at striker, plain and simple. Dempsey shouldn't be so gassed from playing all over the field that he can not move by the game's end.
    Everybody wants a piece of me. Nobody can stomach the whole thing

I'm really proud of this team. Donovan showed he is world class this tourney. I heard even the Brits were astonished and rooting for us over the last few games. To bad we didnt have Bradley.

As for needing more depth at Stiker Ching is hurt. I'm not a big fan but he does track back and could have helped in a game like this.

It had nothing to do with strikers. As soon as you got the ball in defence you tried to counter attack in 10 seconds like for the second goal (which was marvelous by the way), except when you get caught out you'll be exposed badly. That's what they did and that's why they got punished. They should have kept the ball and built slowly, thus keeping their shape. When they lost it on a quick counter at least 1 or 2 players would subsequently be caught out. Your midfield lost it for you through naivety I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintGeorge67;425797;
    It had nothing to do with strikers. As soon as you got the ball in defence you tried to counter attack in 10 seconds like for the second goal (which was marvelous by the way), except when you get caught out you'll be exposed badly. That's what they did and that's why they got punished. They should have kept the ball and built slowly, thus keeping their shape. When they lost it on a quick counter at least 1 or 2 players would subsequently be caught out. Your midfield lost it for you through naivety I'm afraid.
    Yea I agree. If we had Bradley Feilhaber would not of had to start and could have came off the bench fresh. I think he posses the ball best of all out midfielders. This would have helped keep Brazil off the ball. I dont think we would have kept countering with him in their fresh. I agree that is what killed us.