Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gom smackdown

Legend

Re: Gom smackdown

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;408765;
    I don't understand why there is so much venom in some of these discussions. Call me a pussy, but I think it's mostly a waste of time. I don't want to come off sounding like Rodney King, but some people should post exercising some maturity and civility.
    It's not venom as much as it's passion. And with all due respect, you tend to spend most of your time in the GTs it seems and that's a place for spur of the moment, reactionary posts. I think there's a ton of well-thought out discussion that takes place here and it's why a lot of people stick around. Flame boards are only fun for so long.

Hell, the post that started this thread was extremely well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;408779;
    It's not venom as much as it's passion. And with all due respect, you tend to spend most of your time in the GTs it seems and that's a place for spur of the moment, reactionary posts. I think there's a ton of well-thought out discussion that takes place here and it's why a lot of people stick around. Flame boards are only fun for so long.

Hell, the post that started this thread was extremely well thought out.
    I admire the passion exhibited on the board. That's why I'm here. I agree, Jackson's post was well thought out and he made his points "diplomatically". I have a lot to learn about this process. I recognize that some of the insults are interesting and in a lot of cases good natured. I'm just not accustomed to hearing what I interpret as anger towards others in this type of forum. It gets tedious. You gave me shit one night when I was reluctant to stand behind what I said (I believe I had called J.D. Drew Nancy). I survived and now look forward to your input, as I do others who I don't really agree with sometimes. That's life.

Anyway, I want to continue to have fun. I'll just filter out some of what I perceive as ill will and move on.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;408787;
    I admire the passion exhibited on the board. That's why I'm here. I agree, Jackson's post was well thought out and he made his points "diplomatically". I have a lot to learn about this process. I recognize that some of the insults are interesting and in a lot of cases good natured. I'm just not accustomed to hearing what I interpret as anger towards others in this type of forum. It gets tedious. You gave me shit one night when I was reluctant to stand behind what I said (I believe I had called J.D. Drew Nancy). I survived and now look forward to your input, as I do others who I don't really agree with sometimes. That's life.

Anyway, I want to continue to have fun. I'll just filter out some of what I perceive as ill will and move on.
    There is a lot of love for J.D Drew in this board.

Get.With.The.Program.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;408788;
    There is a lot of love for J.D Drew in this board.

Get.With.The.Program.
    As I remember, that night I did a lot of back peddling. I was new to the thread and used the "Nancy" card unwittingly. I was used to hearing Drew referred to as that and other uncomplimentary things on WEEI.

I actually like Drew as a player. He hits well, is reasonably clutch, and plays a strong right field. I still believe 12.5 million a year is too much for a player of his skills that SEEMS to miss a lot of games.

As an aside, I have not referred to him on this board as Nancy since that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;408794;
    As I remember, that night I did a lot of back peddling. I was new to the thread and used the "Nancy" card unwittingly. I was used to hearing Drew referred to as that and other uncomplimentary things on WEEI.

I actually like Drew as a player. He hits well, is reasonably clutch, and plays a strong right field. I still believe 12.5 million a year is too much for a player of his skills that SEEMS to miss a lot of games.

As an aside, I have not referred to him on this board as Nancy since that night.
    A) It was a joke.

B ) He's making 14.5 mill, maiking him the highest paid Sox player.

Deity

This thread gets results.

Internet. Serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;408796;
    A) It was a joke.

B ) He's making 14.5 mill, maiking him the highest paid Sox player.
    A.) Oh!

B.) Drew's salary was a big bone of contention that night. We went back and forth. I originally said he was making 15 mil a year (75 mil/5years). I was called on it. So I looked it up. I believe he is making (70mil/5 years).

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;408809;
    Internet. Serious business.
    Hey.

Nothing is more important than the interwebz.

@Spudboy.

70/5=14.

The .5, if i remember correctly, which i'm probably not and will be called out on my FAIL, is due to signing bonus,

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;408776;
    Still, so much pessimism can sometimes wear on others, and about the slang, don't take it as an insult, but you're being a douche by calling J_E out on that, he does it on good fun, as sometimes does Kilo, CD, or myself, posting styles is something that should be respected.
    I find that it contributes little to the discussion and haven't once found that it really helped prove a point. If you guys enjoy doing it, that's fine, but expect to be called out on it if it is the only substance of your post, or if it is meant to deflect people from paying attention to an otherwise shitty argument.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;408841;
    I find that it contributes little to the discussion and haven't once found that it really helped prove a point. If you guys enjoy doing it, that's fine, but expect to be called out on it if it is the only substance of your post, or if it is meant to deflect people from paying attention to an otherwise shitty argument.
    Board would be boring with only outright stats and formal discussion.

Face it, you are OLD.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;408847;
    Board would be boring with only outright stats and formal discussion.

His point is that he should bring both, not just the mockery, to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;408850;
    His point is that he should bring both, not just the mockery, to the table.
    I know.

My point is he does, but it gets lost sometimes inside the jokes, but you'd actually had to be looking past his offensive stance to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;408771;
    Its a mocking mechanism.
    This caused inexplicable lulz from me.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;408776;
    Still, so much pessimism can sometimes wear on others, and about the slang, don't take it as an insult, but you're being a douche by calling J_E out on that, he does it on good fun, as sometimes does Kilo, CD, or myself, posting styles is something that should be respected.
    wut wut

Good read here. You guys are all delusional and don't get nearly as much results as me or jacko.

Legend

so we all realize this board is a cool place to post at and now we're trying to dissect why? we have protagonists, antagonists, funny people, people trying to be funny, informed posters, uninformed posters, people who throw out opitions based on facts and people who throw on opinions based on emotion.........and Dojji

it works, leave it at that