Register now to remove this ad

Page 1009 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991007100810091010101110191059 ... LastLast
Results 15,121 to 15,135 of 16319

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    No win for Cueto tonight. The Jays tied it up against the Royal bullpen.

No win for Matt Harvey either. The Nats just tied the Mets 1-1 with 2 out in the 7th inning.
    Toronto's offense is scary.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I'm here, but I'm starting a new business (pizza place). It opens on Sunday and I have a shit-ton of stuff to do between now and then.

I'll start a thread about my theory called "The fred/iortiz fallacy" regarding how easy it is to be right predicting failure for a sport where failure is the norm.
    Are you looking for a manager? I have experience! And also, the next person to make a mention of Fred, positive or negative, in regards to this conversation, is going to be gone for a week. I was not joking when I said I didn't want to hear gloating about his banning. I hated the guy more than anyone except maybe those people from the Dodgers board, but we need to move on. Ted and iortiz were his friends, there is no reason to rub salt in the wounds.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Fuck me sideways that sound so good.

How can you be Mexican and avoid Tequila for so long?
    Because tequila is death. Tequila should be avoided 364 days a year. The one exception being cinco de mayo.

No win for Cueto tonight. The Jays tied it up against the Royal bullpen.

No win for Matt Harvey either. The Nats just tied the Mets 1-1 with 2 out in the 7th inning.
    I was really hoping for a no hitter. Went into the 6th inning, but a walk off is nice too! Especially when it comes from the crybaby!
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Are you looking for a manager? I have experience! And also, the next person to make a mention of Fred, positive or negative, in regards to this conversation, is going to be gone for a week. I was not joking when I said I didn't want to hear gloating about his banning. I hated the guy more than anyone except maybe those people from the Dodgers board, but we need to move on. Ted and iortiz were his friends, there is no reason to rub salt in the wounds.
    Then I'll just call it "The iortiz fallacy". It'll be a lot more interesting notes and no iortiz flaming, believe it or not. Also, you and I need to have a chat. It's just been a crazy week for me, but I've done due dilligence.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Because tequila is death. Tequila should be avoided 364 days a year. The one exception being cinco de mayo.

I was really hoping for a no hitter. Went into the 6th inning, but a walk off is nice too! Especially when it comes from the crybaby!
    Did the punk ass Cuban make the scene or was he still in transit?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post

It wasn't, it came off of Felipe Rivero.

And I agree with you about tequila. The only time I ever drank it was the very first time I've ever gotten drunk, and also the only time I ever got 100% blackout drunk. I have refused to touch it since.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    It wasn't, it came off of Felipe Rivero.

And I agree with you about tequila. The only time I ever drank it was the very first time I've ever gotten drunk, and also the only time I ever got 100% blackout drunk. I have refused to touch it since.
    Is pass out drunk different from black out drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Is pass out drunk different from black out drunk?
    Come on, you're old enough to know the difference! Pass out drunk is just passing out. Blackout drunk is remaining conscious but being so fucked-up you don't remember anything at all about it when you're sober. Complete blank.

You know, it's funny we're talking about this, I'm coming up on a year without drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So let's change the subject here. Next Friday, I'm going on my first college tour to BU. Now, you might find this hard to believe, but I don't really know what else to do in Boston. Sox will be on the road, so I can't go to a game. I only really go to Boston for games, so I have no idea what else to do. Anyone have suggestions?
    How long will you be in Boston for? What do you normally like to do? Shopping? Outdoors? Food? History?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

And UN opening a pizza shop??? Will there be cockfighting in the back?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And UN opening a pizza shop??? Will there be cockfighting in the back?
    No, unfortunately. You need a license for that, and it's very expensive.
    We miss you Mike.

Damn, I'll have to postpone my trip then.

How long will you be in Boston for? What do you normally like to do? Shopping? Outdoors? Food? History?
    Just the day, and all of the above except for shopping, although it depends on what I'm shopping for.
    I can't disagree with you

There are some great museums (MFA, Isabella Stewart Gardner), could go for a walk in the Arboretum in JP, head out to the Boston Harbor Islands, get a slice at Ernestos in the North End, walk the freedom trail, eat at the bleacher bar, walk around Harvard Square... Tons of things to do.