Register now to remove this ad

Page 1058 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 5855895810081048105610571058105910601068 ... LastLast
Results 15,856 to 15,870 of 16319

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

First semester was fantastic. Grades are still coming in, and they're a little better than I anticipated but about where they should be considering the goals I set for myself at the start of the year. I've lived and breathed UConn for my entire life, so every second I spend on campus is a dream come true. I even made it up to Fenway about a month ago to see my two favorite things collide: UConn and the Sox.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    First semester was fantastic. Grades are still coming in, and they're a little better than I anticipated but about where they should be considering the goals I set for myself at the start of the year. I've lived and breathed UConn for my entire life, so every second I spend on campus is a dream come true. I even made it up to Fenway about a month ago to see my two favorite things collide: UConn and the Sox.
    Good for you, Thunder.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I think we all are happy that Thunder is doing well in college.

He is one of US.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Snow Day # 5 coming up tomorrow, and that doesn't include the 2 days that we had off for the weekend.

One of the beauties of living in southeastern VA, where the motto is, "Why plow the roads when we can just wait for the sun to melt all the snow".

On the bright side, it's supposed to be near 70 degrees here on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Snow Day # 5 coming up tomorrow, and that doesn't include the 2 days that we had off for the weekend.

One of the beauties of living in southeastern VA, where the motto is, "Why plow the roads when we can just wait for the sun to melt all the snow".
    At what point ( how many days ) do they decide to extend the school year? That is the question. A day off now is nice but you may wish to have school end one day earlier in June!
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    At what point ( how many days ) do they decide to extend the school year? That is the question. A day off now is nice but you may wish to have school end one day earlier in June!
    Nowadays they take away Feb or April break if too many snow days have happened. Sometimes they’ll do half days on Saturdays depending on the union contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    They won't add days to the end of the year. They will use all of our single day holidays and teacher workdays first. Then, if needed, they will extend the school day by 20 minutes until the time is made up.

Nowadays they take away Feb or April break if too many snow days have happened. Sometimes they’ll do half days on Saturdays depending on the union contract.
    In this area, we don't have a February break. They will not use the April break due to too many complaints. We have had Saturday make up days before, but the attendance on those days was not very good. They stopped doing that.

I havent been able to check in for a couple weeks. This place is DEADDDDDDDDD. Holy shit, I know its the offseason...but I never remember this place being this dead.

Th Redsox just arent that interesting. Simple as that I guess. They are in danger of falling to #4 in terms of fan interest. Patriots have been #1 for quite a while now, followed by the die hard Bruins fans and the re-emerging Celtics Fans.

All the pink hats are gone!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    I havent been able to check in for a couple weeks. This place is DEADDDDDDDDD. Holy shit, I know its the offseason...but I never remember this place being this dead.

Th Redsox just arent that interesting. Simple as that I guess. They are in danger of falling to #4 in terms of fan interest. Patriots have been #1 for quite a while now, followed by the die hard Bruins fans and the re-emerging Celtics Fans.

All the pink hats are gone!!!!!
    They may be #4 right now, it always changes in the spring. Hard to keep the interest up when no signings are being made and the other 3 teams are playing great. There's only so many times you can talk about JD Martinez.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Hey, y'all. Football season ends tomorrow, so I have emerged from my winter thaw (not really, as I stood in line for 3 hours in single digit temps earlier). What's up everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hey, y'all. Football season ends tomorrow, so I have emerged from my winter thaw (not really, as I stood in line for 3 hours in single digit temps earlier). What's up everybody?
    Howdy Thunder. Nothing is up. Nothing at all. Everyone is sitting around, staring at the walls, waiting for baseball season to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Howdy Thunder. Nothing is up. Nothing at all. Everyone is sitting around, staring at the walls, waiting for baseball season to start.
    That should really make Thunder want to be just like us when he grows up.

Damn, what have I gotten myself into?