Register now to remove this ad

Page 1088 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 8858898810381078108610871088
Results 16,306 to 16,319 of 16319

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I listened to my lawyer and saved close to a million. Everyones situation is different.
    Smart smart man.
    WAR is good for something.

So the job hunt is going spectacularly. I have had several interviews that went incredibly well. None of those I even got a response to. If you're going to pass, at least say it to my face instead of hiding behind a computer screen and dodging my emails forever.

Last week, I received a job offer for an entry level position in greater Boston. At first I was a little turned off by it. Pay would be lower than what I am used to, and obviously I would have to hit the reset button on my career and wipe out the last 2 years. But then, something happened. I thought about how that might be exactly what I needed, given everything I have gone through over the last 5 months. I was preparing myself to accept this offer after seeing through one other opportunity. But, before I had the opportunity to accept, I received a phone call from the head of HR for the entire company informing me that the offer was being rescinded, as it was extended to me by mistake. They only want to hire an entry level candidate, and the fact that I am 2 years into my career, and a CPA, disqualifies me for those purposes. So that's lovely.

The good news is, I had two great interviews this week with a company in a totally different part of the country, and an offer looks imminent, if not a lock. We were just talking in a different way than most job interviews. I really hope this one works out.

Bottom line: I am an incredibly positive and upbeat guy, but it is hard to stay that way when shit keeps happening that is no fault of your own. I am not a perfect candidate, but I am worth a shot. At least one shot. Not the countless ghostings I have received.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    So the job hunt is going spectacularly. I have had several interviews that went incredibly well. None of those I even got a response to. If you're going to pass, at least say it to my face instead of hiding behind a computer screen and dodging my emails forever.

Last week, I received a job offer for an entry level position in greater Boston. At first I was a little turned off by it. Pay would be lower than what I am used to, and obviously I would have to hit the reset button on my career and wipe out the last 2 years. But then, something happened. I thought about how that might be exactly what I needed, given everything I have gone through over the last 5 months. I was preparing myself to accept this offer after seeing through one other opportunity. But, before I had the opportunity to accept, I received a phone call from the head of HR for the entire company informing me that the offer was being rescinded, as it was extended to me by mistake. They only want to hire an entry level candidate, and the fact that I am 2 years into my career, and a CPA, disqualifies me for those purposes. So that's lovely.

The good news is, I had two great interviews this week with a company in a totally different part of the country, and an offer looks imminent, if not a lock. We were just talking in a different way than most job interviews. I really hope this one works out.

Bottom line: I am an incredibly positive and upbeat guy, but it is hard to stay that way when shit keeps happening that is no fault of your own. I am not a perfect candidate, but I am worth a shot. At least one shot. Not the countless ghostings I have received.
    Good luck! You deserve it!
    Sox 4 Ever

Thanks, moon. Happy to report that I’m not losing the sense of belief in myself. This is just the beginning of a great underdog story.

Got a job. Moving to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. If Jbay ever wants to come see a Steelers game with me, I’m down

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Idiots keep trying to steal the rearview mirror plastic covers and/or my car's radar. Is Dipre gonna have to choke a bitch?
    WAR is good for something.

Got a job. Moving to Pittsburgh in 2 weeks. If Jbay ever wants to come see a Steelers game with me, I’m down
    Great!

My oldest sister live there. She recently retired from Carnegie Mellon U.

It's a great place to live. It often makes lists of the best bigger cities to live in.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Great!

My oldest sister live there. She recently retired from Carnegie Mellon U.

It's a great place to live. It often makes lists of the best bigger cities to live in.
    Hmm, I was not aware of that last fact. Definitely exciting though! Even more exciting considering the Sox now come to town every other year! I’m sure I will meet people much more easily than in Boston. The Midwest is very different, in a good way

That’s awesome. I love the Pittsburgh area and honestly most of PA is beautiful besides Philly.

I’m actually going to the Pats game in December in Pittsburgh and seeing them play the Ravens in Baltimore week 18 lol.

Hmm, I was not aware of that last fact. Definitely exciting though! Even more exciting considering the Sox now come to town every other year! I’m sure I will meet people much more easily than in Boston. The Midwest is very different, in a good way
    PNC is also an absolutely beautiful park.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    PNC is also an absolutely beautiful park.
    It really is. It's amazing how the whole city turned itself around.
    Sox 4 Ever

Hey, everybody! Just thought I would check in. Today marks 3 months since I have been here in Pittsburgh and it was 100% the right decision for me. My office stares right out at both PNC Park and Acrisure Stadium from a 19th floor view, and I just bought a Pirates 10 game ticket plan, which includes all 3 games the Red Sox are in town in April. I'm at that point in the winter where I am ready for summer nights at the ballpark again.

Other than that, life is good! Working 60 hour weeks as we get into tax season, but it feels 100% easier than last year at this time, when I ended up in the hospital after working 3 months for a toxic team at a toxic company.

Hey, everybody! Just thought I would check in. Today marks 3 months since I have been here in Pittsburgh and it was 100% the right decision for me. My office stares right out at both PNC Park and Acrisure Stadium from a 19th floor view, and I just bought a Pirates 10 game ticket plan, which includes all 3 games the Red Sox are in town in April. I'm at that point in the winter where I am ready for summer nights at the ballpark again.

Other than that, life is good! Working 60 hour weeks as we get into tax season, but it feels 100% easier than last year at this time, when I ended up in the hospital after working 3 months for a toxic team at a toxic company.
    Great news!

I visit Pittsburgh, often, as my sister live there, it's a nice stopping point on the way to of from Maine.

Maybe we can hook up, sometime. I'd love to see a Sox game, there, but the dates never match up with my travel plans.

Anyway, good luck.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Great news!

I visit Pittsburgh, often, as my sister live there, it's a nice stopping point on the way to of from Maine.

Maybe we can hook up, sometime. I'd love to see a Sox game, there, but the dates never match up with my travel plans.

Anyway, good luck.
    Sounds amazing! I've been told any baseball game is fun to see there, hence the 10 game package. Give me a ring the next time you're in town.