Register now to remove this ad

Page 1080 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 8058098010301070107810791080
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 16200

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

  1. #16186
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    25,875
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Found a new neurologist that is going to help me with my vertigo. Unfortunately, that means another trip into the MRI and medication with lots of side effects (weight gain, constipation, depression, dry mouth, vivid dreams, dizziness, nausea, breast swelling, itching, blurred vision, numbness in hands and feet, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, confusion, shakiness, sleep disorders).
    Sometimes, the side effects from the medication are worse than the condition you're trying to treat. I hope this new doctor helps. Vertigo doesn't sound like much fun.

  2. #16187
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    68,477
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Found a new neurologist that is going to help me with my vertigo. Unfortunately, that means another trip into the MRI and medication with lots of side effects (weight gain, constipation, depression, dry mouth, vivid dreams, dizziness, nausea, breast swelling, itching, blurred vision, numbness in hands and feet, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, confusion, shakiness, sleep disorders).
    Keep your fingers crossed that you don’t get the side effects. Some people tolerate meds very well. I am not one of them. I am hoping that the meds work for you without debilitating side effects. Living with vertigo is very difficult.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  3. #16188
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    68,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Sorry for your troubles, and I hope you get some relief.

    I've experienced some of those things on your list. In April I blacked out while out for a walk. Diagnosed with high blood pressure. Started taking high blood pressure meds but they made me feel terrible, probably as a result of interaction with my allergy pills and anti-depressant. Quit taking them.

    I'm trying small stuff like losing weight, cutting back on caffeine, keeping my stress level under control.
    There are many blood pressure medications. I have tried several before finding one that I could tolerate. Did you black out because of the high blood pressure?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  4. #16189
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    34,391
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    There are many blood pressure medications. I have tried several before finding one that I could tolerate. Did you black out because of the high blood pressure?
    I'm pretty sure that was what caused it, yes. I was also under a lot of work-related stress at the time.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

  5. #16190
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Sometimes, the side effects from the medication are worse than the condition you're trying to treat. I hope this new doctor helps. Vertigo doesn't sound like much fun.
    It's no fun for sure.

  6. #16191
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Keep your fingers crossed that you don’t get the side effects. Some people tolerate meds very well. I am not one of them. I am hoping that the meds work for you without debilitating side effects. Living with vertigo is very difficult.
    So far so good. I typically don't get many side effects whenever I take medication.

  7. #16192
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I was looking at the top poster stats and there are just so many good accounts that aren't around anymore. I hope the good accounts that are no longer here are having a good day today.

    33 Jacoby_Ellsbury 11,963


    peek-a-boo

  8. #16193
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    Woe to those who cruise TalkSox at 5AM.

  9. #16194
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    So far so good. I typically don't get many side effects whenever I take medication.
    Editor's Note:

    mvp 78's resting heartrate has increased by 10 bpm ever since going on the new medication AND it's not helping the vertigo.

  10. #16195
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

  11. #16196
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    25,875
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.
    I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

    It was nice to be able to spend some quality time with my extended family. I always enjoy Christmas a lot, but I'm also always glad when it's over. LOL

  12. #16197
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I was looking at the top poster stats and there are just so many good accounts that aren't around anymore. I hope the good accounts that are no longer here are having a good day today.

    29 italstallianion 13,339
    You rang? I don't think I've been on in at least 5-6 years but I was logging in to send Spudboy a message. I almost got locked out for forgetting my password. Hope y'all are well.

  13. #16198
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    68,477
    Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    You rang? I don't think I've been on in at least 5-6 years but I was logging in to send Spudboy a message. I almost got locked out for forgetting my password. Hope y'all are well.
    Good to see you!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people donít buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

  14. #16199
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,775
    It just warms my heart to know that when former posters come out of hibernation, they know to go back and read through all my old posts to catch up on what they've missed!

  15. #16200
    To be fair, I had been fb friends with a lot of the posters from my era, so I was never really out of touch or unreachable.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •