Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: DipreG, a700hitter, Jacko, and Jacoby's intelligent, civil conversation.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

DipreG, a700hitter, Jacko, and Jacoby's intelligent, civil conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421739;
    You need to think positive.
    Speaking the truth and being a worst-case scenario loving douchebag are clearly a different thing, sir.

Use logic.
    WAR is good for something.

Re: 6/19 vs. Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421741;
    Speaking the truth and being a worst-case scenario loving douchebag are clearly a different thing, sir.

Use logic.
    A bit testy, my Dominican friend. Have you been hitting the high-proof rum again. Give me an example where I hoped for a worst case scenario.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421746;
    A bit testy, my Dominican friend. Have you been hitting the high-proof rum again. Give me an example where I hoped for a worst case scenario.
    I don't drink rum.

I have hit the beer a bit tonight, but that is of no importance!

Are you serious?

You're Mr. Worst Case Scenario.

Just read the "Where's the Love for Brad Penny thread" and you'l find plenty of WCS ideas authored by a700.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421747;
    I don't drink rum.

I have hit the beer a bit tonight, but that is of no importance!

Are you serious?

You're Mr. Worst Case Scenario.

Just read the "Where's the Love for Brad Penny thread" and you'l find plenty of WCS ideas authored by a700.
    Not wanting to give away Penny for a below market return, because I believe that good starting pitching is at a premium is WCS. Sorry, but I think that is realistic and prudent. I think dumping Penny for a minor leaguer before Dice K gets on track or Smoltz proves himself healthy and productive is not very wise, and I don't think you will see the FO do that.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421748;
    Not wanting to give away Penny for a below market return, because I believe that good starting pitching is at a premium is WCS. Sorry, but I think that is realistic and prudent. I think dumping Penny for a minor leaguer before Dice K gets on track or Smoltz proves himself healthy and productive is not very wise, and I don't think you will see the FO do that.
    Fail.

You know what i mean.

I mean the part where you broke down every starting pitcher and named a reason why they could explode right in our faces.

That, my friend, is pessimism.

every starting pitcher can explode at any time, it is just simple body mechanics. That being said, Beckett isnt the most durable horse in the barn, Lester had a big innings jump and has been inconsistent, Penny has a bum shoulder ticking and waiting, Smoltz has a repaired shoulder, DiceK is sucking balls, and Wake has a torn labrum and a history of back issues. You have a surplus here. You have MLB ready kids in waiting but do you really think they will take well to the pressure in Boston down the stretch with the yankees breathing down their throat? By dealing Penny, you are in a sense saying that you would trust Buch or Bowden in August and September if something were to go awry in terms of injury (which it will, nobody's rotation stays healthy all yr).
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421750;
    Fail.

You know what i mean.

I mean the part where you broke down every starting pitcher and named a reason why they could explode right in our faces.

That, my friend, is pessimism.
    Expressing concern that a 42 year old coming off reconstructive shoulder surgery may have performance and durability issues, or that Bucholz may not be the answer because he sucked last year, or that Bowden might not be ready is pessimism? Really? I think they are valid concerns and reasons not to trade Penny unless it is for a very good return. I'll make a prediction. After Dice K's latest debacle, I don't think the FO will trade Penny unless Dice K turns it around quick and maintains it for about 4-5 starts. Maybe they are just worst case scenario negative "douchebags."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;421752;
    every starting pitcher can explode at any time, it is just simple body mechanics. That being said, Beckett isnt the most durable horse in the barn, Lester had a big innings jump and has been inconsistent, Penny has a bum shoulder ticking and waiting, Smoltz has a repaired shoulder, DiceK is sucking balls, and Wake has a torn labrum and a history of back issues. You have a surplus here. You have MLB ready kids in waiting but do you really think they will take well to the pressure in Boston down the stretch with the yankees breathing down their throat? By dealing Penny, you are in a sense saying that you would trust Buch or Bowden in August and September if something were to go awry in terms of injury (which it will, nobody's rotation stays healthy all yr).
    How about you shut the fuck up.

The point is not me advocating to trade Penny, which right now, with Dice's suck, is an exercise in futility.

I'm merely refering to the fact that a700 is a pessimist, and the fact that his arguments and your anti-Sox ramblings are eerily similar about proves my point.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421756;
    You get this nasty from beer. It takes a lot of rum to get me that angry. Either you are a light weight with booze or you are not getting laid.:dunno:

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421759;
    You get this nasty from beer. It takes a lot of rum to get me that angry. Either you are a light weight with booze or you are not getting laid.:dunno:
    I'm not angry.

I'm just a little tired of Jacko's recycled garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421760;
    I'm not angry.

I'm just a little tired of Jacko's recycled garbage.
    He has a point I think people are jumping the gun on trading Penny. We have a lot of potential behind him but nothing guaranteed.

The point is not me advocating to trade Penny, which right now, with Dice's suck, is an exercise in futility.

I'm merely refering to the fact that a700 is a pessimist, and the fact that his arguments and your anti-Sox ramblings are eerily similar about proves my point.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddyballgame10;421769;
    He has a point I think people are jumping the gun on trading Penny. We have a lot of potential behind him but nothing guaranteed.
    Reading the posts before is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DipreG;421771;
    Reading the posts before is your friend.
    I see. You agree with me about Penny, but you want make to the point that my reasons for not wanting to trade him are pessimistic while your reasons are positive. I just thought it was that I had a little foresight thinking that Dice K might still suck for a while, but it took you until tonight for Dice K to scare you off the Trade Penny Bandwagon. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;421779;
    I see. You agree with me about Penny, but you want make to the point that my reasons for not wanting to trade him are pessimistic while your reasons are positive. I just thought it was that I had a little foresight thinking that Dice K might still suck for a while, but it took you until tonight for Dice K to scare you off the Trade Penny Bandwagon. My bad.
    FAIL.

If you want to say i advocated trading for Penny, then you need to prove it, and you won't be able to because it's not true.

I just said you're pessimistic 'cause you are.

You take every chance you get to punce on either the FO or the players, and the Penny thread was just an example which you're twisting around.

If the Penny thread is getting your panties in a bunch, then the Papelbon one will make you jump off a boat.

Thanks.
    I see you cant handle your liquor. Tomorrow, please post when your head is pounding and your gut feels like it wants to burst out of your belly. It will be amusing. STOP TYPING SO LOUD, JEEZ.
    Hal sucks