Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 College Football Season Thread

Re: 2009 College Football Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469281;
    I don't blame him. It wasn't enough that Boise just won, but that dipshit had to taunt him on the field. That guy deserved to get knocked the fuck out. He shouldn't have gone at the fans, but that Boise dude deserved every bit of that.
    I disagree, the dude from Boise State was being a D-Bag but the coach had already grabbed him by the shoulderpads and was screaming at him. Those type of actions dont belong in this sport, not to mention the fuck-stick talked all kinds of shit before the game and managed to put up a 1st half performance that added into the 17 total offenseve yrds by oregon in that half. And dont forget Blount has already been a sore in the locker room and was suspended a game last year. I think that if you want to play with the big boys then you have to learn to lose like a man and not a boy.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

I agree the kid acted immature as all hell, but he was still justified in punching the guy in the face, that's my main point.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469296;
    I agree the kid acted immature as all hell, but he was still justified in punching the guy in the face, that's my main point.
    No, he wasn't. He also pushed and smacked the cop that was restraining him. He's lucky he wasn't sitting in a jail cell last night for more than 2 counts of assault and battery.

The fact that he sucked ass and didn't even come close to living up to his pregame comments is what set him off. If you want to run your mouth, back it up, and if you don't, expect to have some snide remarks thrown at you after your defeat.

The way he reacted to that situation was absolutely atrocious. Apparently he has been thrown out of practices over the summer as well, so this is looking like he either never grew up, or has a serious attitude problem. Or both.

It was pretty evident to me that he was more than baited into it. Boise's coach just said that his kid is going to have plenty of internal sanctions after that. We live in a day and age where athletes aren't allowed to stand up for themselves. We can only speculate as to what was said, but it was extremely poor judgment on the kid on Boise's part. It's the same thing as when Porcello threw at Youk... why would you bait a ticking time bomb? Was it poor judgment to jack him up like that? Absolutely. Was it justified? Absolutely.

Super Moderator

lol, punching him in the face isn't justified. If a shoving match ensued, that's justified.

And yes, the kid on Boise St. was being a fucktard.

I know if some kid came up shit talking me and all touching me with his helmet and shit, you bet I'd freak out on him, and clock him. You probably would too.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469302;
    I know if some kid came up shit talking me and all touching me with his helmet and shit, you bet I'd freak out on him, and clock him. You probably would too.
    not if Im hoping to have a big year for my team, and hopefully in the NFL, Im not going to do anything to draw negative attention to myself, I might have shoved him off me but I wouldnt have waited until the kid was being restrained by a coach to sucker punch him, not to mention he has to know that with his previous problems he needs to watch everything he does, he is walking on thin ice and one more incident like this and his football career could be all but over, part of being a proffesional is knowing how to lose with dignity, and as for the Boise player he is a dumb-shit but if you noticed the coach was on his ass before he could even blink but Blount made a complete ass of himself and his team, when you put on your teams uniform you are representing that team so whenever you do something so immature in that uniform it reflects very poorly on the coach and the team as a whole.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Soxfan would be devastated that you feel that way, SOTK.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469302;
    As someone who has played in his fair share of heated football rivalries, I can say that I can keep my head straight without punching him in the face. I've jumped in between teammates and opponents to separate them. Never once has anyone socked the other in the face. There's no doubt I'd push him back (violently at that) but clocking him in the face has no part in the sport.

Besides, what the kid did wasn't even that bad. He ran by, smacked him on the shoulder of his pads, and probably said something about Blount's comments before the game and how he didn't live up to them. He wasn't all up in his face, he wasn't harassing him with his helmet, and it wasn't anything that deserved a punch in the face.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;469305;
    Soxfan would be devastated that you feel that way, SOTK.
    Apparently emotions can't be kept in check. Just look at Kevin Youkilis.

There's no doubt he was provoked, but his reaction was way over the top.

Again, you're speculating about what he said. For all you know he said either "hey happy birthday", or "hey, i'm going to rape your mother and kill your family". Extreme circumstance I guess, but you go to BC I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469311;
    Again, you're speculating about what he said. For all you know he said either "hey happy birthday", or "hey, i'm going to rape your mother and kill your family". Extreme circumstance I guess, but you go to BC I'm sure you get the point I'm trying to make.
    I dont think it really matters what he said, you need to learn to restrain yourself on the field, especially when you are in the middle of a crowded stadium and on national Television, it doesnt matter what he said because now all people see is that he made an ass of himself it reflects very poorly on him, and it has to really piss off his coach.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;469311;
    It makes no sense to say anything else other than something relating to the pregame comments. Again, I agree that the Boise St. player was being an idiot, but Blount should not have retaliated the way he did. He has a lot going for him regarding his football career, and since he's already on thin ice, he has to learn to watch himself. He made a huge mistake, and he'll pay for it.

Again, if an intense shoving match occurred where words were exchanged, that's understandable. He's lucky he didn't get arrested last night.

Still, you don't know the circumstances to it makes no use to speculate on them.

FUCKIN BC MORONS!

Blount has been suspended for the rest of the season by the team. Oregon is the one that suspended him so that probably shows just how pissed off they were about his actions, I wouldnt be suprised if they cut his ass before next years season starts too if he keeps this shit up.