Register now to remove this ad

Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Anyone seen Mr. Robot? About to binge watch the first season...have heard good things.
    I watched the first 2 episodes. It's an anti-Capitalism show so I stopped watching. Not interested. But of course, the critics LOVE it.

Ray Donovan...just crazy stuff LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ray Donovan...just crazy stuff LOL
    LOVE Ray Donovan!!

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    I watched the first 2 episodes. It's an anti-Capitalism show so I stopped watching. Not interested. But of course, the critics LOVE it.
    Caught up now (into the 2nd season) and I have to say I'm very impressed. I can see why you came to the above conclusion (though, without getting too political, the current state of affairs in the U.S. =/= "the free market," and it's a mistake when people on either side conflate the two), but there's a LOT more to it than that...which is all I'll say.

Ray Donovan is good, too...haven't watched this week's yet.

Friends. All time favorite. I think there's no other like it.

anyone watch Into the Badlands? It's my new AMC show now the Walking Dead sucks and has sucked for years now.

The wife and I are watching the mini-series Escape at Dannemora and are both very impressed. The cast is outstanding led by Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The wife and I are watching the mini-series Escape at Dannemora and are both very impressed. The cast is outstanding led by Benicio del Toro, Patricia Arquette and Paul Dano.
    Hope that one dude is enjoying life at a Supermax now. Guess he thought he didn't have anything to lose.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Watched the first episode of Homecoming. Didn't understand the fuss. OH, a FLASH FORWARD!! Is it 2010 again?
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RWTP24 View Post
    Well, i have a couple..

1. NCIS
    2. House
    3. 24
    NCIS was OK for the first few seasons, but it never really evolved into anything - there was no real character progression, not even overarching storylines for the most part. There's only so many times you can see Gibbs smack Tony upside the head (the comedy was kinda weirdly out of place).

House was also good for the first few seasons, but then they ran out of ideas about which doctors should shack up together, the nadir being House and Cuddy getting it on. Way to insult your audience. Also, House being a dick all the time grew very old very quickly.

Only saw the first three seasons of 24. The first was great with a huge twist I didn't see coming. I need to go back to watch the rest.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Deity
    I’m waiting intently for the final season of Game of Thrones.

One surprisingly good show I recommend is Bojack Horseman, which starts out kind of slow, but is pretty funny once you get into it...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I’m waiting intently for the final season of Game of Thrones.
    It'll be interesting for sure. I bet that if GRRRRRM ever gets off his ass and finishes The Winds of Winter that it won't look much like the last few seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It'll be interesting for sure. I bet that if GRRRRRM ever gets off his ass and finishes The Winds of Winter that it won't look much like the last few seasons.
    Cut him some slack. Those novels are 45,000,000,000 pages each. It probably takes him a week just to print a rough draft...

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    As a Trekkie I am surprisingly entertained by the Orville. Given how terrible Seth MacFarlane's cartoon shows are, I expected it to be terrible. Now I see that the nerd inside him is finally taking the opportunity to make a fun sci-fi parody/homage and he's killing it.

In fact, he's basically living the dream of nerds/Trekkies/et cetera everywhere. He made millions and millions of dollars from dumb frat guys and bros who watch his cartoons and used that and the reputation he built up in media to live out a lifelong dream of being a starship captain. I envy the dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    As a Trekkie I am surprisingly entertained by the Orville. Given how terrible Seth MacFarlane's cartoon shows are, I expected it to be terrible. Now I see that the nerd inside him is finally taking the opportunity to make a fun sci-fi parody/homage and he's killing it.

In fact, he's basically living the dream of nerds/Trekkies/et cetera everywhere. He made millions and millions of dollars from dumb frat guys and bros who watch his cartoons and used that and the reputation he built up in media to live out a lifelong dream of being a starship captain. I envy the dude.
    I've been avoiding that show just because of my distaste for him. Will have to give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")