Register now to remove this ad

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ancient Aliens is back for another season, and the same guys who do that show have a new wild and wacky investigative series called The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

Skinwalker Ranch is a place said to be cursed by indigenous people who once lived there. It is also a 'UFO hot spot', and a site of very unusual electromagnetic activity, animal mutilations et cetera.
    The Last Podcast on the Left did a great series on Skinwalker Ranch.

I saw a recent Skinwalker Ranch show, maybe this was the Ancient Aliens one? It was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The Last Podcast on the Left did a great series on Skinwalker Ranch.

I saw a recent Skinwalker Ranch show, maybe this was the Ancient Aliens one? It was fine.
    The problem with any opf these paranormal/cryptid/extraterrestrial investigative show is they really all do take the angle that they can prove the existence of whatever they are investigating. The only one that didn't do that was MonsterQuest, and while that show did disprove nearly every claim scientifically, even they presented in a dramatic fashion that ultimately made every episode end anticlimactically.

Also, towards the end, they were clearly running out of monsters to investigate. At one point, they were just looking for really large crocodiles. (True!) Had the show been renewed for another season, they probably would have had to delve even further into the mundane. Like investigating claims for killer bees, or dogs with rabies...
    Last edited by notin; 09-23-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Most of my network TV shows recently announced the days that they will start production and it's so exciting. I got hooked on 9-1-1 and 9-1-1: Lone Star during quarantine. They won't come back until January, but they're on the way

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The big problem is Ancient Aliens is known to bend the truth a lot of times, and flat out lie other times. So I doubt much is to be expected on the Skinwalker Ranch series.

And this is coming from a Sci Fi nut who loves UFO stories and grew up watching the network version of Project Blue Book (starring Edward Winter, aka Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H)...
    I don't mind being lied to a little when it comes to UFO's and other paranormal stuff. For me it's escapist entertainment.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I don't mind being lied to a little when it comes to UFO's and other paranormal stuff. For me it's escapist entertainment.
    They need to juice the story a little bit, but I think those shows tend to get a little carried away.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    They need to juice the story a little bit, but I think those shows tend to get a little carried away.
    No question. As I've said before, my favorite stuff in the AA shows is the real stuff - Stonehenge and all the other incredible ancient structures and artifacts which I knew little about before I started watching the show.

Deity
    But for a lot of people, those shows are documentaries telling them the hidden truth that the government has been keeping from them. I have a brother-in-law like that...

Deity
    No question. As I've said before, my favorite stuff in the AA shows is the real stuff - Stonehenge and all the other incredible ancient structures and artifacts which I knew little about before I started watching the show.
    Even then they lie. Like the episode they did on Puma Punku, where they lied about the age of the structure (by several centuries) and lied about the precision of the carved angles in an effort to make it sound like none of these could have been built by humans, when humans were perfectly capable of making these structures...

"Sharp Objects" is a good one season show.

Of course, it's not as good as the book, but it was well done. If you like Led Zep, there's a lot of them in the background music, especially In the Evening.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Even then they lie. Like the episode they did on Puma Punku, where they lied about the age of the structure (by several centuries) and lied about the precision of the carved angles in an effort to make it sound like none of these could have been built by humans, when humans were perfectly capable of making these structures...
    Well this is rather disillusioning!

Deity
    Well this is rather disillusioning!
    Also, “How I Met Your Mother” is not a true story...

Just don't tell me that The Bachelor is embellished.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Just don't tell me that The Bachelor is embellished.
    reality tv faked? Nah, can't be.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

It's not?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    It's not?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Also, the truth is, everybody doesn’t love Raymond. Some do. Most don’t...