Register now to remove this ad

Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I don't understand the fascination with watching pimples or boils or other skin disorders being popped or lanced or whatever it is they do. It grosses me out.
    Actually we have tried watching Dr Pimple Popper and yes, it is rather gross. Not to mention, it's not like there is a huge variety; every patient seems to get the exact same treatment. Honestly, who pitched this idea to a network and what executive thought "YES!!! A SHOW ABOUT SQUEEZING ZITS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!! WE CAN DEFINITELY AIR THIS EVERYDAY AROUND DINNER TIME!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Actually we have tried watching Dr Pimple Popper and yes, it is rather gross. Not to mention, it's not like there is a huge variety; every patient seems to get the exact same treatment. Honestly, who pitched this idea to a network and what executive thought "YES!!! A SHOW ABOUT SQUEEZING ZITS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE EVER THOUGHT OF THIS BEFORE!! WE CAN DEFINITELY AIR THIS EVERYDAY AROUND DINNER TIME!!!"
    No kidding. How do they come up with these ideas?

That said, I think it's a pretty popular show. I know a lot of people who like to watch that kind of stuff.

I've seen about 10 - 15 episodes and most of the time there is no popping of zits, just mostly removal of fatty tumors that look like silicone implants.

The Fatty Tumor Fun Time is a much better show title IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I've seen about 10 - 15 episodes and most of the time there is no popping of zits, just mostly removal of fatty tumors that look like silicone implants.

The Fatty Tumor Fun Time is a much better show title IMO.
    They call them “lipomas.” A new word to me...

Deity
    So apparently there is a show called “Ultimate Tag” which is people playing tag against professional tag players (most of whom are parkour athletes). Hosted by JJ, TJ and Derek Watt.

So I have seen “Ultimate Tag” and “The Floor is Lava”. What other kids’ games will be televised as X-game style game shows? Extreme Hide and Seek? Atomic Catch? King of the Hill To The Death?

So apparently there is a show called “Ultimate Tag” which is people playing tag against professional tag players (most of whom are parkour athletes). Hosted by JJ, TJ and Derek Watt.

So I have seen “Ultimate Tag” and “The Floor is Lava”. What other kids’ games will be televised as X-game style game shows? Extreme Hide and Seek? Atomic Catch? King of the Hill To The Death?
    I've seen clips of the tag game. I think it's pretty awesome. Those people have some moves. Or better yet they have moves I could have only dreamed about back when I use to play tag.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Did someone say pimple popping? I think this is the record. Just watch that shit gush out of him like The Stuff. And, of course, why in the hell would anyone let something get that bad to begin with?

https://youtu.be/Rk4WQrDlXQI?t=203
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    I've been watching Forensic Files. It's fascinating to see how the detective work catches the criminals, and - in some cases - how their utter stupidity makes it too easy for the cops. It's depressing, though, seeing so many senseless murders and knowing there are some real sick animals out there who need to be put down. Lost count of how many episodes are assaults and murders of women by men out of jail for previous assaults.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Cobra Kai on Netflix. Good stuff.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Did someone say pimple popping? I think this is the record. Just watch that shit gush out of him like The Stuff. And, of course, why in the hell would anyone let something get that bad to begin with?

https://youtu.be/Rk4WQrDlXQI?t=203
    Why would anyone post a link like this?

Sox 4 Ever

Why would anyone post a link like this?

I didn't bother to click on it.

I don't want to see that stuff.

Ancient Aliens is back for another season, and the same guys who do that show have a new wild and wacky investigative series called The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

Skinwalker Ranch is a place said to be cursed by indigenous people who once lived there. It is also a 'UFO hot spot', and a site of very unusual electromagnetic activity, animal mutilations et cetera.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Ancient Aliens is back for another season, and the same guys who do that show have a new wild and wacky investigative series called The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

Skinwalker Ranch is a place said to be cursed by indigenous people who once lived there. It is also a 'UFO hot spot', and a site of very unusual electromagnetic activity, animal mutilations et cetera.
    I had to stop watching Ancient Aliens. I saw the previews for Skinwalker Ranch and decided against it also. Don't get me wrong. I really like those types of shows and would love to watch them. However, they keep me up at night with an over active imagination and so I just need to keep those things out of mind.

I don't think the world minds getting some more Giorgio

Deity

The big problem is Ancient Aliens is known to bend the truth a lot of times, and flat out lie other times. So I doubt much is to be expected on the Skinwalker Ranch series.

And this is coming from a Sci Fi nut who loves UFO stories and grew up watching the network version of Project Blue Book (starring Edward Winter, aka Colonel Flagg on M*A*S*H)...