Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Cards?

Cards?

Anyone still into baseball cards? My wife bought me a few boxes for Xmas and I'm hooked again! I went in looking for Red Sox gear and have not been disappointed. For some reason I keep getting Jarren Duran stuff. So far I have pulled three autos from him and numbered cards as well. So cool!!

Deity
    Is that picture of Duran? It doesn’t look like his stance or grip…

Looking at the other cards I'm pretty sure it's him, at least I hope so!!

I vaguely started collecting a few years ago and have bought a few packs of Heritage every year. I don't get too swept up in it and do go for any chase cards. I'll grab a few cheaper vintage cards when I'm in the mood.

My dad handed over what was left of his childhood collection to me this summer. Mostly '66 Topps with Mantle, Mays, Yaz and some others. Of course gramma threw out the majority of what he originally had. 99.9% of my junk wax was given away prior to moving across country in my early 20's. I kept a very small binder with my favorite cards including my entire Jim Rice PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I was always more into football cards when I was younger (and Pokemon cards). I've probably got some binders worth of good stuff back at my parents' house, I remember I had rookie cards for Favre, Brady, Peyton, Barry Sanders, and a bunch of other good ones. Would probably fetch me a cool $20!

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I was always more into football cards when I was younger (and Pokemon cards). I've probably got some binders worth of good stuff back at my parents' house, I remember I had rookie cards for Favre, Brady, Peyton, Barry Sanders, and a bunch of other good ones. Would probably fetch me a cool $20!
    If you get some of them graded, they can fetch a good price. Grading costs a good amount these days though.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")