Register now to remove this ad

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Just watched the first episode. Going to take everything I have not to binge the whole season, since I have to study for finals. It's definitely NOT a kids show though.
    That’s what Saturdays Under Quarantine are for

Season finale of SNL tonight. One last episode made entirely at home (hopefully).

Now that I'm done with school, I'm trying to fill the time. Right now, I'm loving:
    Upload (Prime Video)
    All-American (Netflix)
    9-1-1/9-1-1: Lone Star (FOX)

Also really excited for Snowpiercer to premiere on TNT this week, and I have Mrs. America on Hulu, and a.k.a Jane Roe on FX on my must watch list. Two docuseries about really important events in American history
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I thought this was the highlight

https://youtu.be/EGyTXmKpVlw

I didn't like either of those sketches. I thought the entire episode was pretty horrible

I watched a show on the U.S. Secret Service about a week ago. The amount of man hours and planning it takes for a president to visit a foreign country is incredible. Even planning security for an event like the State of the Union address is remarkable. And that is only the stuff that they were willing to share with the public. I'm sure there are other things that go into their security that are classified. I never really stopped to think about every minute detail that they have to consider. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I watched a show on the U.S. Secret Service about a week ago. The amount of man hours and planning it takes for a president to visit a foreign country is incredible. Even planning security for an event like the State of the Union address is remarkable. And that is only the stuff that they were willing to share with the public. I'm sure there are other things that go into their security that are classified. I never really stopped to think about every minute detail that they have to consider. Good stuff.
    That sounds interesting. Do you remember what it was called?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I love animals, but sometimes documentaries about animals are too sad or disturbing for me to watch. I recorded a show called 'Gangs of Lemur Island', but I couldn't watch much of it, because the lemurs were acting too much like humans, battling each other for territory.
    Do NOT watch a show called Hostile Planet. OMG.

I guess I should have taken a hint from the name of the show.

That sounds interesting. Do you remember what it was called?
    It was on the National Geographic channel. I don't remember the exact title, but it had "Secret Service" in the title.

Do NOT watch a show called Hostile Planet. OMG.

I guess I should have taken a hint from the name of the show.
    I think I started to watch that thing, then after 20 minutes of animals being terrorized and eaten, I couldn't take it anymore. But it made me hungry for pastrami for some reason so I went and ate a sandwich.

The whole 20 minutes kind of was a terrifying as this, and I expected the rest of it to be just as bad.

Animal Planet 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv9hn4IGofM
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

I think I started to watch that thing, then after 20 minutes of animals being terrorized and eaten, I couldn't take it anymore. But it made me hungry for pastrami for some reason so I went and ate a sandwich.

The whole 20 minutes kind of was a terrifying as this, and I expected the rest of it to be just as bad.

Animal Planet 2
    It's weird how watching animals die makes us cringe, but watching people die in various action/crime shows doesn't. I guess it's because the animals are really dying. I'm not a fan of horror movies and such, and I do have to often remind myself that it's not real. I can't speak from experience but watching somebody actually die definitely sounds traumatizing, but I think that's a consensus

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    “The Good Place” was a similar idea. Same basic idea Kristen Bell dies before the show starts. But then how the rest gets handled becomes a big deal. As network sitcoms go, it was actually entertaining. God family watch. My 12yo got me into it.

Also, if you like this idea, a movie you could maybe check out is “Defending Your Life” starring Albert Brooks...
    I tried that show and couldn't make it past the second show.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Animal Planet 2
    Yikes, that poor iguana! At least it got away.

Some of those shows are disturbing, and so often the predators go after the babies, for obvious reasons, but that is even more disturbing. I get that it's the natural cycle of life in the animal kingdom, but it's still hard to watch.

I wish the shows wouldn't show so much of the animals being eaten, because I do enjoy watching the other parts of those shows. It's fascinating.

Also, LOL about the pastrami.

It's weird how watching animals die makes us cringe, but watching people die in various action/crime shows doesn't. I guess it's because the animals are really dying. I'm not a fan of horror movies and such, and I do have to often remind myself that it's not real. I can't speak from experience but watching somebody actually die definitely sounds traumatizing, but I think that's a consensus
    I don't typically like shows with a lot of violence, but the fact that television and movies are not real does make a difference in being able to watch them.

I don't typically like shows with a lot of violence, but the fact that television and movies are not real does make a difference in being able to watch them.
    Agreed. Like I said, I easily lose sight of the fact that those things aren't real, which is why I stay away from them as well