Register now to remove this ad

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 551

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

  1. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Davey and Goliath? That claymated show?
    No, it's a series on Amazon starring Billy Bob Thornton.

    It's probably the best show I ever have seen without ever hearing anything about it from friends or critics. I just stumbled upon it.

    It really is a great 2 seasons to binge watch.

  2. #527
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No, it's a series on Amazon starring Billy Bob Thornton.

    It's probably the best show I ever have seen without ever hearing anything about it from friends or critics. I just stumbled upon it.

    It really is a great 2 seasons to binge watch.
    I concur. Goliath was very good...hope they do a third season.

  3. #528
    I couldn't get past the trailer for the first one.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #529
    A few I'd put in the running as all-time faves: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Six Feet Under, The Americans, Twin Peaks, Dexter, Black Sails, Arrested Development.

  5. #530
    My top 3 of the long-form TV dramas are pretty predictable:

    Breaking Bad
    The Sopranos
    True Detective Season 1
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

  6. #531
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    My top 3 of the long-form TV dramas are pretty predictable:

    Breaking Bad
    The Sopranos
    True Detective Season 1
    True Detective was OK but I couldn't commit to it. Haven't got to the Sopranos yet.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  7. #532
    Breaking Bad is number one.

    The Sopranos is easily #2.

    My other faves are (not in any order)...

    Narcos
    Mad Men
    Sneaky Pete
    Better Call Saul
    Goliath
    Doctor Foster
    Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Shameless
    Safe
    Friday Night Lights
    Game of Thrones
    13 Reasons Why
    Black Mirror
    Lost
    Bloodlines
    Weeds
    The Following
    Nurse Jackie
    Bob's Burgers


  8. #533
    13 Reasons Why???

    I didnt know you were a frustrated teenager.

  9. #534
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    A few I'd put in the running as all-time faves: The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Six Feet Under, The Americans, Twin Peaks, Dexter, Black Sails, Arrested Development.

    The Americans and Arrested Development both need more love.

    I’m guessing I’m alone here, but I think the funniest show on network TV is “Mom”...

  10. #535
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    13 Reasons Why???

    I didnt know you were a frustrated teenager.
    You think that's all that show was for?

    Besides, I work with 10-13 year olds 5 days a week.

    It's a great show. The second season, not so much.


  11. #536
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You think that's all that show was for?

    Besides, I work with 10-13 year olds 5 days a week.

    It's a great show. The second season, not so much.


    Sadly I had to watch that show with my middle school teacher wife and young daughter. It struck me funny how often the high school characters would talk tough about what they needed to do to Clay, which was usually very serious and often hinted at murder, all the while they would be drinking from juice boxes.

    I started referring to the cast of that show as “The Juice Box Mafia”..,.

  12. #537
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    The Americans and Arrested Development both need more love.

    I’m guessing I’m alone here, but I think the funniest show on network TV is “Mom”...
    The funniest show on network TV is The Big Bang Theory. Young Sheldon is also very funny.

    I just love geeks. They are awesome.

    Whose Line Is It Anyway? is another good one.

  13. #538
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    You think that's all that show was for?

    Besides, I work with 10-13 year olds 5 days a week.

    It's a great show. The second season, not so much.

    I liked the second season just as much. Very realistic. It's sad to say but that's how high schools actually are these days. And, some might say it was also an accurate depiction of our legal system.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  14. #539
    Remaking Hanna already? As a tv show? Why? It wasn't a particularly good story the first time round. You can dress it up with souped up DNA etc, but you've still got a teenage girl beating the crap out of grown men. Nope.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    don't put up no brick

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  15. #540
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flap View Post
    Getting into 'Patriot' on Amazon...good so far.
    So the missus and I just finished both seasons of this, and ended up enjoying it immensely. Definitely a worthy entry on any "Best shows you've probably never heard of" list. Now I need to hear about a renewal...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •