Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank you to an old friend

Legend

Re: Thank you to an old friend

Welcome to Talksox.
    RIP Bob Feller

Before my time, but welcome back anyway my friend.

Welcome to TalkSox
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Welcome back to Talksox.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;493577;
    Minnuhsootuh haha

love it!

You gonna go to the Twins Home opener then? Or at least try?
    Of course I will try. Target Field looks marvelous. Twins are my second favorite team, that Joe Maker (and his sideburns)

:thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Major Leaguer

Last time I was in the Cities was last September so I'm sure the ballpark looks much more finished now than it did then.

One question though.. since April generally SUCKS around these parts, why did they NOT put up a retractable roof since you Minnesota taxpayers were getting hosed by that cheap-ass Pohlad anyway?

I am under the impression that they built it to be able to add one in the future if necessary though.. like it won't be or something? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;493614;
    Last time I was in the Cities was last September so I'm sure the ballpark looks much more finished now than it did then.

One question though.. since April generally SUCKS around these parts, why did they NOT put up a retractable roof since you Minnesota taxpayers were getting hosed by that cheap-ass Pohlad anyway?

I am under the impression that they built it to be able to add one in the future if necessary though.. like it won't be or something? haha
    Someone who knows how big a bunch of cheapskates the Pohlads are? Awesome! And I don't know how to answer your question, as the whole roof thing makes no sense for baseball. Wasn't that the original gripe for building the Metrodome in the first place? Rhetorical question, of course it was. Makes no sense.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;493630;
    Someone who knows how big a bunch of cheapskates the Pohlads are? Awesome!
    Thought that was common knowledge everywhere.

I swear to god. They are filthy rich, and they refuse to pay for a winning team. It disgusts me.

Major Leaguer

One thing Twins fans around here tend to forget is that Carl Pohlad actually tried to start a Twins Cable network (in the style of NESN or YES) called Victory Sports One and basically stripped everyone of the Twins games shown on FSN North. That asshole wanted to charge around $15/month for fans to be able to have the "privilege" of watching the Twins during the regular season. Lasted maybe 4 or 5 months. Carl Pohlad's dead now but his son is just as much a cheap ass (if not worse).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Sports_One

I will predict that Target Field will make the Twins a much worse team in 2010. That shithole Metrodump was a HUGE homefield advantage.

Major Leaguer

Also, Emmz, don't forget that there was a September game against the White Sox (I believe) back in either 2005 or 2006 and it had playoff implications.. the game was running a bit long so they suspended play in a tie game to clear out the twins fans so they could reconfigure the Metrodome for.. UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS FOOTBALL?!?!

It's true and sad that it happened.. but it says a couple things to me about the region:

That baseball certainly is not King in the Twin Cities.. and that it's a good thing the Twins have their own place to call home incase anything like that were to ever happen again..

They said a payroll increase is coming but I wouldn't put anything past the Pohlads. And I do remember Victory Sports, they allowed us the watch one VSO broadcast per week on Sundays for free, and then they stopped that.

Major Leaguer

I'm sure by "payroll" they meant "ticket price" .. of course that comes with a new ballpark, naturally..

They never make any significant moves at the deadline, they let ALL of their FA's walk it seems.. and this would be the worst year to be splurging in free agency

Mauer isn't staying when his time's up in the TC, either.. I don't care what he says about being the hometown boy and loving it here and all that... once the Yanks and Sox test the water he'll nibble a bit but then the Mets will start throwing STUPID money at him.. he'll go right to Queens.. I almost guarantee it.

I almost feel sorry for Twins fans...

Agree to disagree on Joe Mauer's future with the team. I think the Twins break the bank to keep him here in Minnesota. Like I said in another discussion, they're expanding the payroll and priority one is to lock Mauer up. Do you think the Twins will really give arguably the best player in baseball up without a fight? Bill Smith is a moron, but to that extreme? I doubt it.

WELLSY!!!! Welcome back bro! You have been missed. It's so weird, I thought about you last week and wondered how the hell you are doing! All is fine with me.

This season was frustrating as hell. The way we played the last month or so, I knew we wouldn't get out of the first round of the play offs. Just hope the Angels can take care of the MFY, not an easy job, but the Nick Adenhart (sp?) mojo might just make it happen.

So hope that all is well with you etc etc!! Really good to see you back!!!!