Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 62 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Re: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

We're really calling a guy a high-schooler because a drunken fucktard decided to harass his girlfriend and he didn't take it? Holy fucking shit do we live in a sad sad world.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;494426;
    The fact that he's an NBA player shouldn't take away from the fact that he assaulted a completely intoxicated person because he said some stupid shit, and there are a million other ways to handle that situation.
    Like what, sit them down and try to reason with them? They are completely intoxicated, like you said.

If he was just "Defending his girlfriend" why'd he come out and apologize like he did something wrong? I know why: Because he did something wrong.
    Media pressure. He doesn't necessarily mean he's sorry, he's saying his sorry so he/the team/the league doesn't get negative publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;494428;
    We're really calling a guy a high-schooler because a drunken fucktard decided to harass his girlfriend and he didn't take it? Holy fucking shit do we live in a sad sad world.
    He's 24 years old. The guy was drunk and said something stupid. At that point you really just have to be the adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;494429;
    Like what, sit them down and try to reason with them? They are completely intoxicated, like you said.

Media pressure. He doesn't necessarily mean he's sorry, he's saying his sorry so he/the team/the league doesn't get negative publicity.
    What are you talking about? The fact that he's drunk somehow gives him a better reason to assault this guy? He's DRUNK. It's really just that simple. You be the adult, you grow up by the time you're 24, you don't beat some guys ass because he's drunk and insulted your girlfriend.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;494429;

You don't reason with them. You let them talk their shit and ignore them. Again, this isn't someone off the street, it's his friend, yet another reason to handle the situation differently.

What makes this a sad sad world is people who want to resolve everything with violence.

I call bullshit.

If it was really an incident that was absolutely, clearly not his fault, he would have made some attempt to save face.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;494430 View Post
    He's 24 years old. The guy was drunk and said something stupid. At that point you really just have to be the adult.
    Yes, I'm sure Davis hit him because the guy casually said something stupid in his drunken euphoria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;494434;
    I call bullshit.

If it was really an incident that was absolutely, clearly not his fault, he would have made some attempt to save face.
    No he wouldn't. Because he would lose, because there would always be people there bleating out 'BE AN ADULT!! BE AN ADULT!!' and say he acted like a child. Why fight the battle you can't win?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;494433;
    What are you talking about? The fact that he's drunk somehow gives him a better reason to assault this guy? He's DRUNK. It's really just that simple. You be the adult, you grow up by the time you're 24, you don't beat some guys ass because he's drunk and insulted your girlfriend.
    Really? How should he handle it, then? As I said, I think we can rule out sit him down and discuss it, since he's... drunk. What do you do about it? If Davis reacted this way, it was obviously an issue and something that needed dealing with. You think Davis went into that night planning and wanting to assault his drunken childhood friend as soon as he slipped up? I'd say, using common sense and some basic concepts of psychology, that this was something that needed to be dealt with, and Davis's options for doing so were kinda limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;494436;
    Yes, I'm sure Davis hit him because the guy casually said something stupid in his drunken euphoria.
    Who said casually anything? Don't put words in my mouth

Glen.Davis.Is.Twenty.Four.Years.Old.

Not.Seven.Teen.

It's a friend of his who said something dumb because he was intoxicated, you just ignore the idiot and be the bigger person. Beating someone up because they insulted your lady while drunk is something that you'd do if you were 17, or had the mentality of a 17-year-old

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;494438;
    Really? How should he handle it, then? As I said, I think we can rule out sit him down and discuss it, since he's... drunk. What do you do about it? If Davis reacted this way, it was obviously an issue and something that needed dealing with. You think Davis went into that night planning and wanting to assault his drunken childhood friend as soon as he slipped up? I'd say, using common sense and some basic concepts of psychology, that this was something that needed to be dealt with, and Davis's options for doing so were kinda limited.
    Ummm, maybe you ignore it, because they're drunk? You deal with it when they have their wits about them? Violence is for little kids

Have you never ever dealt with a drunk person before?

Drunk people are relentless and usually won't stop agitating people until they get punched in the face, and (I can only speculate) that's probably what Glen did, and his friend realized he was being out of line, so it stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;494439;
    It's a friend of his who said something dumb because he was intoxicated, you just ignore the idiot and be the bigger person. Beating someone up because they insulted your lady while drunk is something that you'd do if you were 17, or had the mentality of a 17-year-old
    You really think Davis had the mentality that he was going to drop his old buddy at the first sign of trouble? Obviously, this was something unacceptable that needed to be dealt with. Its entirely that Davis was, honestly, defending himself and his girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;494441;

Drunk people are relentless and usually won't stop agitating people until they get punched in the face, and (I can only speculate) that's probably what Glen did, and his friend realized he was being out of line, so it stopped.
    No, they obviously are receptive to the idea that they're going overboard. Because they are completely alert and with the program when they are drunk. GIT UR FAKTS STRAIT

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;494441;

If they're talking shit, you just don't bother with them. If they're getting physical, that's when you put them in their place physically. Again, if it was just him talking shit, you just gotta ignore it and be the bigger person.

Well, i hope the dining hall opens soon and has buffalo wings and potatoes wedges.

No one here want's to get into a flame war about a stupid, inconsequential story about a young man who punched his friend. Really.

Suffice it to say, there are cultural , generational, and possibly moral differences at play.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."