Register now to remove this ad

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Re: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;568509;

Hughes hasn't played defense once in his career, and at his age isn't about to have a rebirth.
    I guess the NBA gave him that All-Defensive 1st Team out of charity then.

Listen, I'm not claiming the guy is a great defender but he's been decent in the past. The question is would he come to Boston and buy into their system?

I was obviously exaggerating, but I'm pretty sure you get the point that he's not a very good defender any more. He's lost more than a step and just cannot be the on ball defender he used to be even if he's inserted onto the Celtics.

Would he come here and buy into the system? Who the hell wouldn't, but with his age and baggage he wouldn't do much good. Remember when everyone was complaing about lazy Sheed? That's what'd happen if Hughes was brought in here. You couple his age with his deteriorating physical attributes and his below average offensive game, he's not really a guy you want to see on the team.

"Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Basketball season should be interesting.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

I'm looking foward to Oct 26. Miami @ Boston