Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Like most of you I'm pretty stoked for the opener @ Cleveland tonight. Would love to spoil it for them.

And Glen Davis... there are no words. Ridiculous.

Here's to #18 going up this season.

Re: Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Thread

Kevin Garnett ftmfw. This is a great squad we got this year. 18 this year is DEFINITELY possible. Fuck the Lakers
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Single A

Should be an interesting year. I want to see how Shaq and Lebron do. As long as KG is healthy we should be in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;494379;
    Like most of you I'm pretty stoked for the opener @ Cleveland tonight. Would love to spoil it for them.

And Glen Davis... there are no words. Ridiculous.

Here's to #18 going up this season.
    Assuming you don't know what the circumstances were here.

C's are gonna underachieve, win 60 (+/- 5 depending on health), don't want to make any judgments on playoffs yet because we've yet to see what Orlando's deep team is going to bring to the table this year, and how Cleveland looks with Shaq, but anything from a 2nd round exit to a NBA Championship is entirely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;494399;
    Assuming you don't know what the circumstances were here.
    Not in depth, but it sounds like you do. What happened?

In a nutshell, defending himself and his girlfriend from a drunken dipshit. Globe and Herald are finally starting to report that now. Not sure how you can blame him in that kind of situation?

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;494404;
    In a nutshell, defending himself and his girlfriend from a drunken dipshit. Globe and Herald are finally starting to report that now. Not sure how you can blame him in that kind of situation?
    I read on the Globe earlier that he was in a fight with a former LSU teammate. When I read that it made me think he was acting like an immature dumbass. Just going by what I read. Now that this has come out, not so much. When did this happen? Makes me wonder who the drunk dude was.

Not sure how you can blame him in that kind of situation?
    Wyc disagrees.

Herald:
    A shirtless Glen “Big Baby” Davis and his “best friend” Shawn Bridgewater - a former teammate of the Celtics forward on the University High basketball team in Baton Rouge, La. - emerged bleeding from their noses after a fight inside a black SUV in Waltham Sunday morning, the Herald has learned.

The incident apparently fractured Davis’ right thumb just two days before tonight’s season opener against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Davis could be lost for an extended period of time.

According to the police report obtained by the Herald, Davis claimed his allegedly drunken childhood pal was “continually bothering his girlfriend,” Jenna Gomez.
    Glen:

“I was defending myself,” Davis said in a phone interview with Yahoo! Sports. “I wasn’t just fighting. I feel like I let my team down by breaking my hand. I let my team down trying to defend myself. I have to make better decisions on how I choose my friends.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/b...rts&position=0

Here's a link to the entire article.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Really?

Davis is a 24 year old "Man" and should know enough to avoid situations like this. It is just not acceptable in a civilized society. Add to that, he is in the public eye being employed by a very prominent organization. Theere is no way something like this would ever go unnoticed.

He has done something really stupid. He has embarrassed himself and compromised the structure and near term future of his team.

I hope he does get suspended. Without pay.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;494415;
    Really?

Davis is a 24 year old "Man" and should know enough to avoid situations like this. It is just not acceptable in a civilized society. Add to that, he is in the public eye being employed by a very prominent organization. Theere is no way something like this would ever go unnoticed.

He has done something really stupid. He has embarrassed himself and compromised the structure and near term future of his team.

I hope he does get suspended. Without pay.
    Please. Spare me the 'holier than thou' rant.

Shit happens sometimes. Should he have known better than to get in a fight? Sure, that's more than fair to say. But who are you to sit there and say what he should have done, not even knowing what the circumstances were that evening, aside from what little info Glen has said through the media? Hypothetically, I'm sure if you were sitting there with someone and they called your wife a cunt you wouldn't just sit there and let it happen (not saying this was the situation).

Should he be suspended? Absolutely, as should any athlete who engages in a dangerous off the field/court/rink activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;494415;
    Its also not acceptable in a civilized society for a drunken dipshit to harass your girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;494417;
    Please. Spare me the 'holier than thou' rant.
    Heh

Shit happens sometimes.
    Yeah, shit happens in the form of a guy acting like a high school student?

Should he have known better than to get in a fight? Sure, that's more than fair to say. But who are you to sit there and say what he should have done, not even knowing what the circumstances were that evening, aside from what little info Glen has said through the media? Hypothetically, I'm sure if you were sitting there with someone and they called your wife a cunt you wouldn't just sit there and let it happen (not saying this was the situation).
    If someone calls your wife a cunt, does it mean you go apeshit and start acting like a kid, and throwing punches? Seriously, be an adult and do what an adult would do to handle the situation, which is not get violent and throwing fists. I know I'm a chick, so I guess that makes me ineligible for this conversation or whatever, because a man's pride is a man's pride, but I know I wouldn't go apeshit over something like that anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

It's his best friend, they're in his SUV, this is not some random stranger, Davis is an idiot, and "holier than thou" sure beats "Apologetic fan".

The fact that he's an NBA player shouldn't take away from the fact that he assaulted a completely intoxicated person because he said some stupid shit, and there are a million other ways to handle that situation.

If he was just "Defending his girlfriend" why'd he come out and apologize like he did something wrong? I know why: Because he did something wrong.
    WAR is good for something.