Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

Re: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498356;
    What do you suggest then?

Holliday's not an option because he clearly can't hit the inside fastball, even though he hit a cumulative .341 on the inside part of the plate, and about 60% of those pitches were fastballs, he simply can't hit fastballs on the inner third of the plate, and the 36 pitches they threw at him in the playoffs is a clear indication of that.
    Haha, I would love Holliday, but, if I'm the Yankees, I make Lackey the priority.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;498369;
    Haha, I would love Holliday, but, if I'm the Yankees, I make Lackey the priority.
    Why would you love Holliday?

He can't hit inside fastballs.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498356;
    What do you suggest then?

Holliday's not an option because he clearly can't hit the inside fastball, even though he hit a cumulative .341 on the inside part of the plate, and about 60% of those pitches were fastballs, he simply can't hit fastballs on the inner third of the plate, and the 36 pitches they threw at him in the playoffs is a clear indication of that.
    lol
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498376;
    Why would you love Holliday?

He can't hit inside fastballs.
    You mean like how he was especially hot on the inside of the plate, and the fact that most pitches are fastballs, like you pointed out? Yeah, he definitely can't hit inside fastballs
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;498391;
    You mean like how he was especially hot on the inside of the plate, and the fact that most pitches are fastballs, like you pointed out? Yeah, he definitely can't hit inside fastballs
    But Gom's right. 36 pitches in the playoffs obviously negates the 2,428 he saw during the regular season. He simply can't hit the inside fastball.

Of course it does dude, I mean, the overwhelming bulk just doesn't fucking matter, how dare you say otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498139;
    My adivice?

Quit the bumbling stupidity.
    Let's have fun here...and point out your stupidity.
    Please tell me what's the most thrown pitch by pitchers?
    Fastballs.
    If he has a .330+ average in the inner part of the strike zone, how could he have it without hitting fastballs if fastballs are the bread and butter pitch of almost every pitcher in the Major Leagues?

Again, please use a bit of logic, and stop making shit up. Thanks.
    Watch replays of the NLDS and tell me what you see. Where we they pitching him? What were they throwing?
    And another thing, you really think you're smarter than scouts?
    Apparently you do. As usual, you're wrong.

Taken from ESPN Insider:

"In the postseason, the question is whether they can hit an inside fastball," says a longtime scout. "If they can't, they're going to get pounded." In the division series against the Dodgers, Cardinals cleanup man Holliday got pounded, and maybe it was inevitable. After struggling early on with Oakland, he was traded to St. Louis in late July and wrecked National League pitching. Some American League scouts wondered why NL hurlers didn't pitch Holliday inside more.

The Dodgers advance scouts must have asked the same question, because from the very first inning of the NLDS, Joe Torre basically challenged Holliday to beat LA. Torre ordered an intentional walk to Albert Pujols, loading the bases and putting the onus on Holliday, who struck out looking on an inside fastball. Dodgers pitchers kept crowding Holliday with hard stuff: Of the 36 pitches he saw in the series, 34 were fastballs-yes, 34-and of those, 20 were thrown inside. Holliday had one extra-base hit in the NLDS, a home run on a curveball away."
    Apparently I miscounted the number of inside fastballs...but the premise is 100% correct.

Stop embarrassing yourself. You're out of your league.

GAME OVER.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Small Sample Size.

.341 cumulative average on the inside part of the plate. At least 60% of those pitches were fastballs.

The premise is stupid and so is the poster.

GAME OVER.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498403;
    Small Sample Size.
    Exposed. Completely. As he was in the AL.
    .341 cumulative average on the inside part of the plate. At least 60% of those pitches were fastballs.
    How do you know this? Do you know how many pitches he saw on the inside corner? Do you know how many were fastballs? You're guessing.
    The premise is stupid and so is the poster.
    In this particular post, yes.

So you're smarter than the advance Dodger scouts who, by the way, by their work, completely shut down Holliday? I see your logic.

Keep trying, one day, you might get somewhere.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

36 pitches > 2428 pitches according to Gom.

That is all.

Banned

Dipre > Dodgers advance scouts.

Dude...you keep sinking...and sinking....

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;498410;
    Dipre > Dodgers advance scouts.

Dude...you keep sinking...and sinking....
    Gom> Logic.

Who's sinking. :lol:

Deity

This is stupid.

The common rap on Holliday is that he can be beat by fastballs on the inside part of the plate.

To whatever degree that's true it didn't keep him from being able to be very productive this year. Whether good pitchers are able to take advantage of it or not is another question, but the playoff sample is too small to be certain about it.

I mean, he did only hit .136/.296/.318/.614 in 27 PAs in that one playoff round. That's pretty bad, so obviously he was being exploited.

Oh, wait, that's actually Mark Teixeira in the World Series.

Holliday hit .167/.231/.417/.647 in his 13 PAs. That's pretty bad, but it alone is not enough to tell me that a career .313 avg/.933 OPS hitter can't hit inside fastballs. That's silly. If they're exploiting something he will adjust. If an inside FB was enough to beat Holliday he wouldn't have had the career he's had.

I also find it interesting to read Gom saying he's probably too expensive. What does this mean, to a Yankee fan? His $$/WARP is too low?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;498411;
    Gom> Logic.

Who's sinking. :lol:
    Ok, you win. It's so obvious your logic supercedes mine.

I mean, Holliday hit .341 on inside fastballs?

WHAT WERE THE DODGERS THINKING? HOW COULD THEY POSSIBLY PITCH HIM INSIDE WITH FASTBALLS? HE'D MURDER THEM!!! FIRE ALL THEIR SCOUTS AND HIRE DIPRE!!!!!

Oh...wait....
    Quote Originally Posted by example1;498412;
    This is stupid.

The common rap on Holliday is that he can be beat by fastballs on the inside part of the plate.
    Sssh...Don't tell Dipre. He's packing his things, thinking the Dodgers will give him a visa to come work for them.
    To whatever degree that's true it didn't keep him from being able to be very productive this year. Whether good pitchers are able to take advantage of it or not is another question, but the playoff sample is too small to be certain about it.
    I was really interested in watching him since I thought he was a great addition, regardless of the money. After seeing him, I changed my mind. It's like Soriano. An amazing hitter against mediocre pitchers, but against guys who can locate? Lost.
    Holliday hit .167/.231/.417/.647 in his 13 PAs. That's pretty bad, but it alone is not enough to tell me that a career .313 avg/.933 OPS hitter can't hit inside fastballs. That's silly. If they're exploiting something he will adjust. If an inside FB was enough to beat Holliday he wouldn't have had the career he's had.
    Good players adjust. Agreed. See Dipre? This is how you make a point. Maybe because English isn't your first language?

Anyways, 150 million or so for a player who built a career out of Coors and the National League and couldn't hit a lick in the AL and from what I saw, couldn't turn on an inside fastball? I'll pass.
    I also find it interesting to read Gom saying he's probably too expensive. What does this mean, to a Yankee fan? His $$/WARP is too low?
    It means he isn't going to be worth the money he's asking for, relatively speaking. Why did the Yankees win this year? As you mentioned, Tex was shit at the plate. They won because they had the best pitching in baseball. Throwing that much money at a hitter who is not without serious flaws IMO is a waste. Allocate that money towards short term deals with older players and wait for a good young player, like a Crawford becomes a free agent. Tie up pitching so that next year we can go with a four man rotation instead of a three man one.

This is stupid.

I mean, he did only hit .136/.296/.318/.614 in 27 PAs in that one playoff round. That's pretty bad, so obviously he was being exploited.

Oh, wait, that's actually Mark Teixeira in the World Series.

Again, he hit a .341 cumulative batting average on the inside part of the plate, if you face mostly RH pitchers, they mostly don't throw breaking stuff inside to RH hitters, so logic tells you , it's mostly fastballs.