Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67

Thread: Changing teams.

  1. #46
    CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    20,595

    Re: Changing teams.

    You're not trying to stir shit up? Really?

    I'd go ahead and say there's something "sad" here alright......
    WAR is good for something.

  2. #47
    Evil Emperor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Changing teams.

    Oh calm down, damn. The tone in my statement was one of humorous ball-busting (hence the smiley). I realize that it's hard to convey that tone over the internet, but get a grip, it's all in good fun. If Sox fans can make videos like that then why can't I poke fun at them? I know the beaches are beautiful down there, but try and keep the sand out of your vag. I only shared them because I thought you guys would get a kick out of them.

  3. #48

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;517799;
    A little off-topic, but still on the Yankees/Sox topic, these videos further cement themselves as proof that Red Sox Nation hates the Yankees more than they love the Red Sox. Kinda sad if you ask me, you would think after two championships you guys would have gotten over it.

    [youtube=Yankees Suck]bzmVLEZuIVU&feature[/youtube]

    [youtube=Police Harassment]leZ8yzhAWLU&feature[/youtube]

    Lol before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm not trying to stir up any trouble, they just gave me a little chuckle so figured I would share.
    I don't think they hate the yanks more than they/we love The Red Sox, I think its just almost part of being in red sox nation is hating the yanks, its really part of what makes the rivalry great, but its just like saying that yankees fans (in general) are a fan of the yankee emblem more than the yankee's themselves, its true for a lot of fans but that doesn't mean its true for the core group of real fans, and I can speak for me and most of the sox fans I know when I say we hate the Yanks about half a degree less than the intensity we love the sox with.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  4. #49

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;517803;
    Oh calm down, damn. The tone in my statement was one of humorous ball-busting (hence the smiley). I realize that it's hard to convey that tone over the internet, but get a grip, it's all in good fun. If Sox fans can make videos like that then why can't I poke fun at them? I know the beaches are beautiful down there, but try and keep the sand out of your vag. I only shared them because I thought you guys would get a kick out of them.
    My Favorite Commercial of the Sox of all time

    [youtube=2004 WS Champs]VgChynd5QPE[/youtube]
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

  5. #50

    Re: Changing teams.

    in all fairness I found the video's humorous, and I give 26 some leeway as i do 228, because I respect what they have to say a bit more than, say, Jacko, or Gom before he got canned.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  6. #51

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;517805;
    My Favorite Commercial of the Sox of all time

    [youtube=2004 WS Champs]VgChynd5QPE[/youtube]
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Im posting that one up on facebook
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

  7. #52
    omgwtfbbq Emmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,295

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;517799;
    A little off-topic, but still on the Yankees/Sox topic, these videos further cement themselves as proof that Red Sox Nation hates the Yankees more than they love the Red Sox. Kinda sad if you ask me, you would think after two championships you guys would have gotten over it.

    [youtube=Yankees Suck]bzmVLEZuIVU&feature[/youtube]

    [youtube=Police Harassment]leZ8yzhAWLU&feature[/youtube]

    Lol before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, I'm not trying to stir up any trouble, they just gave me a little chuckle so figured I would share.
    Telling people not to get their panties in a bunch and saying you're not trying to stir the pot is like saying "No offense, but you're a fat fuck".

    Anyways, I think those are very humorous, and I don't see how that depicts us as hating the Yankees more than we love the Red Sox. Just that we hate the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  8. #53
    omgwtfbbq Emmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,295

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;517806;
    in all fairness I found the video's humorous, and I give 26 some leeway as i do 228, because I respect what they have to say a bit more than, say, Jacko, or Gom before he got canned.
    Like I said, saying "don't get your panties in a bunch" before saying "I'm not trying to stir the pot" is like saying "no offense, but [insert insulting/insiteful comment here]".
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  9. #54

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;517807;
    :lol::lol::lol::lol: Im posting that one up on facebook
    It was done by Comedy Central. I remember the original commercial(the serious one).
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

  10. #55
    Evil Emperor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,800

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;517809 View Post
    Like I said, saying "don't get your panties in a bunch" before saying "I'm not trying to stir the pot" is like saying "no offense, but [insert insulting/insiteful comment here]".
    I said BEFORE anyone gets their panties in a bunch. It was like a disclaimer. Forgive me for not wording it as politely as you guys would like. You guys take things way out of proportion here, which is ironic considering some of the things some of you say. All I did was try to be cool about it and prevent any tension and conflict before any arose. Jesus fucking Christ almighty.

  11. #56
    Resident Old Fart Spudboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    24,394

    Re: Changing teams.

    Lol.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  12. #57
    omgwtfbbq Emmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    11,295

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;517888;
    I said BEFORE anyone gets their panties in a bunch. It was like a disclaimer. Forgive me for not wording it as politely as you guys would like. You guys take things way out of proportion here, which is ironic considering some of the things some of you say. All I did was try to be cool about it and prevent any tension and conflict before any arose.Jesus fucking Christ almighty.
    How you stated it is irrelevant. I'm just stating a fact, if you're trying to not be a dick about it, try saying something else that isn't confrontational, and that is, whether you like it or not, and it's really a simple point, if you let it be.

    Oh, one other thing, if you're telling others that they blow things out of proportion, or not to "get their panties in a bunch", then you probably shouldn't respond to their criticism with a post that makes it sound like you're getting your panties into a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

  13. #58

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;517804;
    I don't think they hate the yanks more than they/we love The Red Sox, I think its just almost part of being in red sox nation is hating the yanks, its really part of what makes the rivalry great, but its just like saying that yankees fans (in general) are a fan of the yankee emblem more than the yankee's themselves, its true for a lot of fans but that doesn't mean its true for the core group of real fans, and I can speak for me and most of the sox fans I know when I say we hate the Yanks about half a degree less than the intensity we love the sox with.
    Honest question...

    What does it mean to be a fan of the "Yankee emblem", as opposed to being a fan of the "Yankees' themselves"?

  14. #59
    Fenway Resident
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    16,113

    Re: Changing teams.

    When I went to a Red Sox/Yankees game at Yankees Stadium, the Red Sox lost. Leaving the game, a crowd outside was chanting very loudly "God hates Boston"

    I know its doesnt depict the whole Yankees fan base, but it was something Ive never seen before. And Ive been to like at least 30 games at Fenway Park.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

  15. #60

    Re: Changing teams.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;517927;
    Honest question...

    What does it mean to be a fan of the "Yankee emblem", as opposed to being a fan of the "Yankees' themselves"?
    It was not meant to be offensive to you, I just think a lot of bandwagon fans of the Yankee's aren't real fans and are only fans because they like to wear the Yanks Memorabilia, just as most bandwagon Sox fans are more into hating the Yankee's than they are into liking the Sox and are only fans because it gives them a medium to justify their yankee hate, It was a response to "these videos further cement themselves as proof that Red Sox Nation hates the Yankees more than they love the Red Sox.", and I simply don't think thats true.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •