Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Changing teams.

Re: Changing teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;517894 View Post
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;517932;
    It was not meant to be offensive to you, I just think a lot of bandwagon fans of the Yankee's aren't real fans and are only fans because they like to wear the Yanks Memorabilia, just as most bandwagon Sox fans are more into hating the Yankee's than they are into liking the Sox and are only fans because it gives them a medium to justify their yankee hate, It was a response to "these videos further cement themselves as proof that Red Sox Nation hates the Yankees more than they love the Red Sox.", and I simply don't think thats true.
    Oh, I wasn't taking it as a shot at me. I was simply wondering what you meant by that.

I didn't watch those videos, but I think 26 was kidding anyway. When you look at fan bases as large as the Yankees and the Red Sox, you're going to encounter all kinds of different fans. I don't think any one group is representative of the entire fan base.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;517928;
    When I went to a Red Sox/Yankees game at Yankees Stadium, the Red Sox lost. Leaving the game, a crowd outside was chanting very loudly "God hates Boston"

I know its doesnt depict the whole Yankees fan base, but it was something Ive never seen before. And Ive been to like at least 30 games at Fenway Park.
    lol you found stuff like that odd? How is that anything different than the "God is a Red Sox fan" shit we see a lot?

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;517997;
    Oh, I wasn't taking it as a shot at me. I was simply wondering what you meant by that.

I didn't watch those videos, but I think 26 was kidding anyway. When you look at fan bases as large as the Yankees and the Red Sox, you're going to encounter all kinds of different fans. I don't think any one group is representative of the entire fan base.
    That's because you are able to keep things in the correct perspective. You realize that fan bases are made up of individuals, and all individuals are different, unique, so broad comparisons between two groups of individuals that are linked through something as trivial as what team they like are completely inaccurate.

26 does not think like this. While he may have been joking this time around, there is a degree of seriousness to the comparison he made. He's made it before on this forum, and was completely serious. There are some people who have a pathological need to assign moral superiority to the groups they identify with. 26 is one of those people.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;518002 View Post
    That's because you are able to keep things in the correct perspective. You realize that fan bases are made up of individuals, and all individuals are different, unique, so broad comparisons between two groups of individuals that are linked through something as trivial as what team they like are completely inaccurate.

26 does not think like this. While he may have been joking this time around, there is a degree of seriousness to the comparison he made. He's made it before on this forum, and was completely serious. There are some people who have a pathological need to assign moral superiority to the groups they identify with. 26 is one of those people.
    Thanks for the analysis, Doctor.

I'm glad to see you have so much to contribute. Simply stated, you're a clown. You only come out and post to instigate matters, you never seem to have anything to add or contribute other than a personal assessment of people you don't like or disagree with. You have the pathological need to always make yourself seem right, and in doing so always put down those who have differing opinions. So before you attack my character, take a look in the mirror, pal. Some people here might consider you the best poster on the board, but it's been a long time since I've seen any substantial contributions to the board on your part.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;518028;
    Thanks for the analysis, Doctor.

I'm glad to see you have so much to contribute. Simply stated, you're a clown. You only come out and post to instigate matters, you never seem to have anything to add or contribute other than a personal assessment of people you don't like or disagree with. You have the pathological need to always make yourself seem right, and in doing so always put down those who have differing opinions. So before you attack my character, take a look in the mirror, pal. Some people here might consider you the best poster on the board, but it's been a long time since I've seen any substantial contributions to the board on your part.
    Translation: I don't like you because you expose my foolishness.

Evil Emperor

Another terrific contribution. Thumbs up!