Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: mlb.tv fight

Evil Emperor

Re: mlb.tv fight

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;518872 View Post
    Why should past acts be considered when deciding to ban someone (for a mere week) who definitely deserved it, was definitely looking to instigate, and had been doing this to various people unpunished for a while now?

To be compeletely honest, I haven't seen anything from him in my time here that would warrant that 'Talksox nicest member' title he had for so long. His 'generosity' tends to be neutralized by what seems to be non-stop snittiness and wiseassery. I'm not claiming I'm a saint either, or close to it, but to not ban someone who was CLEARLY out of line just because of what he did months/years ago is pretty silly. I would have given him 10 days to 2 weeks instead of one week. I don't agree with the premise that the baitee should punished just as much as the baiter. When people do get banned for conflicts like this, that seems to be the general route taken, and I don't know why.

All in theory, I have no say in this.
    You're right, his past actions shouldn't be a factor when a ban is considered. He deserved it and rightfully so, I was just surprised. But as for his generosity, he's put a lot of his own personal money into the site, including cash prizes for contests, game tickets, fairly expensive christmas presents for everyone, t-shirts, etc. Doesn't excuse his actions, but we (those of us who were here) shouldn't forget his generosity either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;518872;
    Why should past acts be considered when deciding to ban someone (for a mere week) who definitely deserved it, was definitely looking to instigate, and had been doing this to various people unpunished for a while now?

To be compeletely honest, I haven't seen anything from him in my time here that would warrant that 'Talksox nicest member' title he had for so long. His 'generosity' tends to be neutralized by what seems to be non-stop snittiness and wiseassery. I'm not claiming I'm a saint either, or close to it, but to not ban someone who was CLEARLY out of line just because of what he did months/years ago is pretty silly. I would have given him 10 days to 2 weeks instead of one week. I don't agree with the premise that the baitee should punished just as much as the baiter. When people do get banned for conflicts like this, that seems to be the general route taken, and I don't know why.

All in theory, I have no say in this.
    I agree completely.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;518874;
    You're right, his past actions shouldn't be a factor when a ban is considered. He deserved it and rightfully so, I was just surprised. But as for his generosity, he's put a lot of his own personal money into the site, including cash prizes for contests, game tickets, fairly expensive christmas presents for everyone, t-shirts, etc. Doesn't excuse his actions, but we (those of us who were here) shouldn't forget his generosity either.
    Agreed. When I read his comments in that thread, it almost doesn't sound like him, so I went back looking for why someone hijacked his account... I've never seen the offline stuff he gets into or PMs and don't recall seeing him be a dick to anyone so maybe I just missed that.

But yeah, he's been like the Santa of the site and does the Superbowl grid all out of his own pocket.

Everyone is agreeing with each other! Wtf happened to Talksox.

Legend

I also agree with J_E by the way.
    RIP Bob Feller

I agree with no one! Not even myself!
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;518892;
    I agree with no one! Not even myself!
    Much better.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Wait, if we all disagree with each other out of principlle, doesn't the act of everyone accepting that principle mean we're actually all in agreement?

*space-time continuum implodes into eternal self-energizing vortex of doom*
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Legend

I agree to not disagree but also not to agree. Yep, makes no sense to me.
    RIP Bob Feller

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;518905;
    Wait, if we all disagree with each other out of principlle, doesn't the act of everyone accepting that principle mean we're actually all in agreement?

*space-time continuum implodes into eternal self-energizing vortex of doom*
    :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results