Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: why the personal attacks?

Re: why the personal attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;528964;
    I think it was because nobody gave him crap in his previous robot threads. Usually people just ignored them and let them go to the thread graveyard, but a few posters told him to stop posting and the s*** hit the fan.

i agree, most of the threads i post tend to sink rather than swim so i don't understand why staff closes them in the first place. or is it that they sink because staff closes them so fast? file this under wgaf.

Quote Originally Posted by YAZMAN;529023;
    How do you know people don't keep up with the news, because we aren't posting political dissertations? This is a Sox board, if I want news I go to MSN, Reuters, newspaper websites.

you're right.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NateGrey;528677;
    yes i do, just snoop around and you'll notice that i post more baseball related threads than your average member. most of the political threads i started were in the old 'anything goes' section which didn't live up to its name because those too were closed. what's so bad about political threads anyways? if a member doesn't like what another member posts shouldn't that member just ignore the said thread? we're all big boys here,aren't we?

btw, you don't need to swear schill. lets keep it civil.

I would like to apologize to you. What I said was out of line and I was a little short on patience on that day.

I agree that members should just ignore it, but that very rarely happens here, if ever. For some reason someone is always going to respond with their own opinion that will piss someone else off, and cause arguments between members who are really here to discuss baseball for a team they commonly root for. When that is jeopardized, standards have to be made and enforced, and unfortunately that calls for a very short lifespan for most of the threads you post regarding political news or foreign affairs.

I will do my part to be more patient, and once again would like to apologize for being a douchenozzle.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;529064;
    I would like to apologize to you. What I said was out of line and I was a little short on patience on that day.

I agree that members should just ignore it, but that very rarely happens here, if ever. For some reason someone is always going to respond with their own opinion that will piss someone else off, and cause arguments between members who are really here to discuss baseball for a team they commonly root for. When that is jeopardized, standards have to be made and enforced, and unfortunately that calls for a very short lifespan for most of the threads you post regarding political news or foreign affairs.

I will do my part to be more patient, and once again would like to apologize for being a douchenozzle.
    You've always been the big person-- not a crack at the fact that you are physically big.:thumbsup:
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;529064;

very classy of you. i don't see why i can't take it easy on the political threads myself.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

I love SOTK's in a non-gay way.
    WAR is good for something.