Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 542

Thread: Fantasy Baseball League II

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    18,682

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Quote Originally Posted by Gom;535970;
    He offered me Valverde and Reynolds for Chipper. Since I would cut Conor, I threw him in the deal.
    Oh. My. God.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    I didn't realize that Chipper injured his back. Honestly, I had no idea. I've cancelled the deal from my end. It's not a fair deal, and I'm not trying to pass off damaged goods here.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  3. #153
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    I think the deal was a rip off even if Chipper was healthy. I think that all 12 other owners would have vetoed that deal.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Irrespective what others may have done, I dealt a player that was more injured than initially thought. So I killed the deal, and I'm still negotiating with Suns.

    You have to admit...I did the right thing.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  5. #155
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Quote Originally Posted by Gom;536004;
    Irrespective what others may have done, I dealt a player that was more injured than initially thought. So I killed the deal, and I'm still negotiating with Suns.

    You have to admit...I did the right thing.


    I agree, you did the right thing. Granted, the right thing would have been forced anyway, and at least you were not the one who made the offer.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Seeing as how Team Fawal emailed me and told me he wanted to change his vote from 5 veto's to 6, I will change the league veto to 6. However, to appease the crowd who wanted 5 votes, I will extend the days from two days to three days. This seems to be a compromise that everyone can live with. One more day for one more vote.

    I will still maintain the role of league manager veto override, as I have already used it once this season [on my own deal, no less].

    Another point. I can see who votes for, and against deals. There are two league members who have voted "no" on every deal. This is not the purpose of the veto. This is also part of the reason of the increase.

    When you veto a deal, it should be because of competitive imbalance. However, before you veto a deal, please look at the teams involved. In every deal, there is a winner and a loser. However, we're looking for imbalance, not fairness. Case in point: I traded Ubaldo Jimenez for Abreu. Looking at the players so far, I came out on the short end of the stick. However, I needed an OF, and I had excess pitching at the time. So use your veto votes fairly.

    Personally, I think Dipre's second deal with Suns should have gone through. It was a very fair deal, and due to those two veto's, the deal died, when honestly, it should have gone through. It actually had more allow trade votes than veto votes. I miscalculated and believed that people would analyze deals and not just vote "no" irrespectively.

    I have no issue changing what I can change. After all, it's not MY league, it's OUR league. It's also been a ton of fun so far.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  7. #157
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Quote Originally Posted by Gom;536021;
    Seeing as how Team Fawal emailed me and told me he wanted to change his vote from 5 veto's to 6, I will change the league veto to 6. However, to appease the crowd who wanted 5 votes, I will extend the days from two days to three days. This seems to be a compromise that everyone can live with. One more day for one more vote.

    I will still maintain the role of league manager veto override, as I have already used it once this season [on my own deal, no less].

    Another point. I can see who votes for, and against deals. There are two league members who have voted "no" on every deal. This is not the purpose of the veto. This is also part of the reason of the increase.

    When you veto a deal, it should be because of competitive imbalance. However, before you veto a deal, please look at the teams involved. In every deal, there is a winner and a loser. However, we're looking for imbalance, not fairness. Case in point: I traded Ubaldo Jimenez for Abreu. Looking at the players so far, I came out on the short end of the stick. However, I needed an OF, and I had excess pitching at the time. So use your veto votes fairly.

    Personally, I think Dipre's second deal with Suns should have gone through. It was a very fair deal, and due to those two veto's, the deal died, when honestly, it should have gone through. It actually had more allow trade votes than veto votes. I miscalculated and believed that people would analyze deals and not just vote "no" irrespectively.

    I have no issue changing what I can change. After all, it's not MY league, it's OUR league. It's also been a ton of fun so far.

    Will this make the trade process longer? I don't see how it's correlated with vetoes, so before we do any of that I think that we'd have to make a separate vote. It's also going to get harder to plan if it takes longer for trades to process. I just don't get how making the trade period last another day will help those who wanted a 5 vote veto.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;536023;
    Will this make the trade process longer? I don't see how it's correlated with vetoes, so before we do any of that I think that we'd have to make a separate vote. It's also going to get harder to plan if it takes longer for trades to process. I just don't get how making the trade period last another day will help those who wanted a 5 vote veto.
    I was thinking of giving one more day to allow everyone to vote. I don't really care. Two days is fine with me. Chime in here and let me know if you'd rather have two days or three days. It is of no importance to me.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  9. #159
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    I'm fine with the 2 days. I think it would be easier to mentally map out trades and would provide less of a window for something to happen in between the trade. Either way, I just figured people should vote or speak up on that before it came into practice, regardless of what happens with the 6 vetoes.

  10. #160
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Chipper gets traded again.

  11. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Chipper will be traded. It is manifest destiny.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  12. #162
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,053

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    An exciting first week has come and gone. Fawal seems to have left off where he finished last year, demolishing the Anti-Horse Faced Douche Squad. The new comer Indians Love Indians also put a hurting on the Dead Skunks...who, lets face it..just played dead. With a flurry of activity so far, it looks to be an exciting season.

    Look at the part I bolded...my name is Indians rule Indians.
    RIP Bob Feller

  13. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,673

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    Fixed, suns.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

  14. #164
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    I'm willing to trade SP for a good bat. Anyone of Greinke, Jimenez, Jurrjens, Danks, and Feldman are available in a good deal.

  15. #165
    Trillhouse Van Houten italstallianion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    13,339

    Re: Fantasy Baseball League II

    On another note, Gom, what happened to the maximum number of starts allowed. In the first week, it was 14, now it's only 12.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •