Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 376 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

This is my rifle....

Re: What Really Grinds My Gears

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;577301;
    http://www.obesity-treatment.com/?q=...ty-and-poverty

Is this one better. Done by a Doctor.

It is not ridiculous. Think about the price of organic food compared to a McDonald's Hamburger or even trying to eat 20 dollars on the Taco Bell Menu.
    Why does it have to be organic? The dietary benefit, as it pertains to body mass, of eating a salad over a hamburger is not influenced by the presence of pesticides. Lettuce is lettuce, and it's cheap. I can make a satifying dinner for a family of 4 cheaper with ingredients from the grocery store than I can at McDonalds, if I shop smart. It's about choices. I don't deny that the choices for those will less income are fewer, but that doesn't mean the choices do not exist. Part of those choices is portion sizing. Eating calorie dense, cheap food like rice and beans is perfectly fine, but you have to size the portion in accordance with what you are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;577357;
    Fuck you too.

I also hate the state of New Hampshire, alcohol, and anyone with a Star Wars related avatar. j/k.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;577363;
    Why does it have to be organic? The dietary benefit, as it pertains to body mass, of eating a salad over a hamburger is not influenced by the presence of pesticides. Lettuce is lettuce, and it's cheap. I can make a satifying dinner for a family of 4 cheaper with ingredients from the grocery store than I can at McDonalds, if I shop smart. It's about choices. I don't deny that the choices for those will less income are fewer, but that doesn't mean the choices do not exist. Part of those choices is portion sizing. Eating calorie dense, cheap food like rice and beans is perfectly fine, but you have to size the portion in accordance with what you are eating.
    I know it is a choice of what they eat but they eat more unhealthy anyway. Lets take a look at Taco Bell. 1.06 for single taco which could be all someone can afford.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

I really f***** hate unnecessarily hard video games. What's the point in buying a video game if you can't beat it? I'm sure some people like a challenge, but isn't there supposed to be a "difficulty adjuster" so that the people who want a challenge can have a challenge, while the people who aren't Japanese and don't practice games since their diaper days can play at their own convenience? I mean seriously, if I put the difficulty meter on easy, the game should f***** be easy, right?

I think it's a business scam by those Japanese companies who make you shell out $50 for a game, and make it so infuriatingly hard that you end up breaking the game along with the TV and PS3 with a baseball bat and then have to buy those electronics again.

The only other time I've been this angry at an electronic is when Aaron Boone hit the walkoff HR in 2003 vs. the Red Sox and I beat the s*** out of my TV.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577382;
    I really f***** hate unnecessarily hard video games. What's the point in buying a video game if you can't beat it? I'm sure some people like a challenge, but isn't there supposed to be a "difficulty adjuster" so that the people who want a challenge can have a challenge, while the people who aren't Japanese and don't practice games since their diaper days can play at their own convenience? I mean seriously, if I put the difficulty meter on easy, the game should f***** be easy, right?

I think it's a business scam by those Japanese companies who make you shell out $50 for a game, and make it so infuriatingly hard that you end up breaking the game along with the TV and PS3 with a baseball bat and then have to buy those electronics again.

The only other time I've been this angry at an electronic is when Aaron Boone hit the walkoff HR in 2003 vs. the Red Sox and I beat the s*** out of my TV.
    Lol what game is it?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;577383;
    Lol what game is it?

It's a lot of games. But the most recent game that made me pissed off this instance was Hello Kitty: Island Adventure.

Actually, it was Tekken 6. But the Street Fighter games are notorious for being difficult even if you put it on zero stars. Ditto Mortal Kombat. And the worst game I've run into was the Family Guy video game.

Edit: That's why 9 out of every 10 of my games are sports games. No problem there.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577369;
    I also hate the state of New Hampshire
    Not more than me.

and anyone with a Star Wars related avatar. j/k.
    Star Wars PARODY avatar.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;577380;
    I know it is a choice of what they eat but they eat more unhealthy anyway. Lets take a look at Taco Bell. 1.06 for single taco which could be all someone can afford.
    The part in bold is why I think the topic of the articles is ridiculous. It's correlation without causation, IMO. Perhaps there's some other factor, like being less well educated (which would include the topic of nutrition/exercise), or less driven, that contributes to both poverty and obesity?

I hate when my PS3 freezes up when trying to save my Madden season.

I hate how celebrities don't face the same legal standards and justice standards that regular people do.

I also hate how everyone sues everyone for everything. I feel like you can't even leave your house or say something about someone without getting sued.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577478;
    I hate how celebrities don't face the same legal standards and justice standards that regular people do.

I also hate how everyone sues everyone for everything. I feel like you can't even leave your house or say something about someone without getting sued.
    That's a gross overexaggeration and it offends me. I'm filing a lawsuit against you.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;577478;

According to some conspiracy theorists, the creation and perpetuation of the "frivolous lawsuit" system is another tool for the accentuation of government control.

While that may make sense to some degree, i don't think that's basically the extent of it, but a matter of ridiculous precedents (that try to enforce a particular rule) creating an out-of-control, easily exploitable system. It really needs to be fixed though, specially in the medical field.

And about Video Games, you quite simply suck. I haven't found a game too hard for me to beat since like Super Nintendo. Stop bitching and learn how to play EnglishMan, because Tekken 6, in particular, is extremely easy, just use Paul, ditto for Street Fighter IV, (or SUper Street Fighter IV) in those, just use Sagat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;577495;
    According to some conspiracy theorists, the creation and perpetuation of the "frivolous lawsuit" system is another tool for the accentuation of government control.

While that may make sense to some degree, i don't think that's basically the extent of it, but a matter of ridiculous precedents (that try to enforce a particular rule) creating an out-of-control, easily exploitable system. It really needs to be fixed though, specially in the medical field.

And about Video Games, you quite simply suck. I haven't found a game too hard for me to beat since like Super Nintendo. Stop bitching and learn how to play EnglishMan, because Tekken 6, in particular, is extremely easy, just use Paul, ditto for Street Fighter IV, (or SUper Street Fighter IV) in those, just use Sagat.

The Street Fighters that I was referring to were mainly on Super Nintendo. As for Tekken 6, I'm not talking about arcade mode. I'm generally talking about the scenario mode (update to tekken force)

My point is, while I'm not the best gamer in the world, I'm reasonably around the average, I'd even argue a little better than average. (depending on whether or not the pool is everyone overall, all gamers, or serious hardcore gamers). In any event, my point is that the difficulty adjusting meter should actually mean something. The "hard" should be hard so that real gamers can get a challenge, and the "really retardedly easy" should be easy enough for Sarah Palin to beat. It seems like the Japanese mistranslated "really retardedly easy" to be another synonym for "blood wrenchingly difficult" and as such, I have to buy another TV and PS3.

As for the lawsuits, I don't just mean frivolous lawsuits like "McDonald's made the coffee too hot so I'll sue them for my own stupidity" or "The RV manual didn't say that I couldn't put the RV on cruise control and then get up and make myself a cup of coffee while it's driving". Sure, those are stupid enough in their own right, and I wish I could castrate the juries behind those lawsuits so that they cannot ever pollute the gene pool with their retarded monkey-frog having butt sex with a fish-squirrel children.

I'm also referring to suing video game creators for violent video games because they "caused" people to misbehave due to the games violent nature. While on one hand, it would make sense to sue the video game creators for such an issue, BUT, many of these cases ALSO sue the publishers, SONY themselves (for making the ps3 which played the game), AND walmart (for distributing the game). These a****** are trying to take as much money as they can for their bulls*** lawsuits to the point where they aren't even just suing the parties that did something wrong.

Same goes with sluts who bang celebrities to get pregnant and sue them for half of their money to go shopping in Europe.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

It grinds my gears when one student makes the whole class get homework. I don't mind doing homework but when it's over the weekend and I have to do it because one person didn't do something right? That's not fair.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.