Register now to remove this ad

Page 253 of 376 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 5634

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears

Gas that's so big and aggressive that it feels like it's gonna come bursting out of your crotch.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Gas that's so big and aggressive that it feels like it's gonna come bursting out of your crotch.
    This is actually the official state sport of New Jersey.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

People at their cell phones when you are in a meeting. It's like talking to the wall.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

The fucking asshole in the apartment above me (the loud black folks got evicted) who is loudly playing his fucking guitar and attempting to sing at 1:30 in the morning.

He has 10 minutes to call it a night before I go up there, repeatedly smash his guitar over his graying redneck head, and then pour toilet bowl cleaner down his throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    repeatedly smash his guitar over his graying redneck head, and then pour toilet bowl cleaner down his throat.
    That's a really caustic wit you have there, but don't you think you're being a little high-strung?
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Boomer Esiason ripped Daniel Murphy for taking the collectively-bargained three days paternity leave to be at his kid's birth. According to Boomer, he should have made his wife have a C-section (ie major surgery) before the season, because his job is the most important thing. This bitch serious??
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    Boomer Esiason ripped Daniel Murphy for taking the collectively-bargained three days paternity leave to be at his kid's birth. According to Boomer, he should have made his wife have a C-section (ie major surgery) before the season, because his job is the most important thing. This bitch serious??
    Boomer is the ultimate vapid dipshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Holy shit, three days of paternity leave! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

A C-Section is unnecessary surgery, but so is a 3 day vacation for the birth of a child when you only work 6 months for millions of dollars. Take the birthday and get back to your team. Pay the hospital and the doctor's bills and be a father to the kid. That's the important thing.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

A C-Section is unnecessary surgery, but so is a 3 day vacation for the birth of a child when you only work 6 months for millions of dollars. Take the birthday and get back to your team. Pay the hospital and the doctor's bills and be a father to the kid. That's the important thing.
    Perhaps some people would prefer to spend a couple days post-birth with their wife or girlfriend? Maybe helping her out with stuff, getting her food and drink, maybe thinking she deserves two days of care and attention from her loving husband or boyfriend after she just forced an entirely new human being out of her vagina? I don't think three days is excessively long to be out after your wife gives birth, and the amount of time someone works and how much money they make shouldn't be a factor in time off for things like the birth of a child or the death of a relative.

3 days really isn't all that much -- especially considering the travel involved to get to and from whatever city the player started/ended at. During a West Coast road trip, three days would turn into one day.

Fun fact: Google gives 7 weeks of paternity leave.Crazy, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Perhaps some people would prefer to spend a couple days post-birth with their wife or girlfriend? Maybe helping her out with stuff, getting her food and drink, maybe thinking she deserves two days of care and attention from her loving husband or boyfriend after she just forced an entirely new human being out of her vagina? I don't think three days is excessively long to be out after your wife gives birth, and the amount of time someone works and how much money they make shouldn't be a factor in time off for things like the birth of a child or the death of a relative.
    Exactly.

The birth of one's child is much more important than baseball.

I took several days off for the birth of my two children and any decent man would do the same.

I have lost most of the respect that I had for Boomer. What a dip.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Exactly.

I took several days off for the birth of my two children and any decent man would do the same.

I am concerned that you had any respect for him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    3 days really isn't all that much -- especially considering the travel involved to get to and from whatever city the player started/ended at. During a West Coast road trip, three days would turn into one day.

Fun fact: Google gives 7 weeks of paternity leave.Crazy, eh?
    Well, CA law provides for 6 weeks of paid leave for paternity anyway. They're basically just adding an extra week to what is mandated by their home state.

NJ and RI also both have paternity leave laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Exactly.

It meant something to you. The kids have no recollection. It meant nothing to them-- then or now. Just my opinion.

In my case, I took the day off for the blessed event and then by the middle of the next day I realized that I was just in the way with 2 grandmothers and cousin doting on my wife and the baby. I went back to work where I was needed.

For the father, having a baby is no biggie. The mother endures all the pain and suffering. The important part for the father is helping to raise the kid. Any jackass can plant his seed. Taking off from work or not taking of from work for the birth of your child is not an indicator of anything.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."